Can Drummers Cook?

I don't cook nor do I have to. I just have to say "Damnit woman make me a sammich" and I get a sammich.

(Didn't think it would be a cooking thread without a woman making a sammich joke)

I don't cook nor do I have to. I just have to say "Damnit woman make me a sammich" and I get a sammich.

(Didn't think it would be a cooking thread without a woman making a sammich joke)

And I know she never reads this forum.. or you be in a whole lotta trouble..! She'll be saying, "I'll make you a very nice SPECIAL sammich tonight dear!"

I'm still a student, so I mostly do casserole and pasta type dishes..

Wow, these pictures look really scary - hunger's gone - I'm looking for a beer - lol

Bernhard

Attachments

• DSC00846.jpg
    DSC00846.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC00849.jpg
    DSC00849.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC00850.jpg
    DSC00850.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC00851.jpg
    DSC00851.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 202
I'm 20, and my mom still does most of the cooking when I'm home from college, but when I do get a chance to cook, I cook pasta mainly. Spaghetti is my specialty. I want to get into Asian food though. I like to bake too. I'm a chocoholic so my baking is usually chocolate chip cookies or bars, chocolate cakes/pies, or brownies. :)

I would probably say for my age I'm pretty decent. I love making my own dry rubs for steaks and since it's getting warm out I'll go throw em on the grill. Even though I live on the east coast I'm really big on southern cooking like Bobby Flay (I also watch a lot of Food Network lol)

i dunno about cooking but give a good drummer a couple of chef's knives and they could probably cut 20 pounds of salad in a minute and a half at 220 cuts a minute......

I would probably say for my age I'm pretty decent. I love making my own dry rubs for steaks and since it's getting warm out I'll go throw em on the grill. Even though I live on the east coast I'm really big on southern cooking like Bobby Flay (I also watch a lot of Food Network lol)

Dry rub, yes! What do you use? I use dry rub on everything I smoke. Rub it on real good and smoke ribs and brisket and chickens for hours, oh baby!

I also make my own barbecue sauce. That bottled stuff is crap.

I like either hickory or mesquite for smoking, depending on what's for dinner.

con struct, I actually make my own sauce aswell! My recent bottle is about gone so I need to rig up some new stuff. And as for my rubs, I always start with a base of paprika, onion powder and garlic powder. Then I just add to that what I'm feelin that night (cayenne, chili, terragon, etc.).

Wow, these pictures look really scary - hunger's gone - I'm looking for a beer - lol

Bernhard
I blame the phone's bad camera! The meat was absolutely heavenly.

By the way, it seems that someone has already realised how swell cooking and drumming go together:

20090807040927.jpg

Last edited:
I am terrible at cooking but a very hearty eater, especially after drumming.

So, here, as requested, is the way I make meatloaf.

1 pound of ground beef, I use ground sirloin
1/2 pound of ground pork
2 slightly beaten eggs
1/2 cup of crushed dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup of chopped onion
1/2 cup of chopped green pepper
1/2 cup of chopped celery
A couple of cloves of chopped garlic

1 teaspoon of white pepper
1 teaspoon of red pepper
1 teaspoon of black pepper
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 teaspoon of thyme

Put 3 tablespoons of butter in a skillet and turn the heat high enough to make the butter melt and bubble. Dump in the vegetables and seasonings, keep stirring the whole thing with a wooden spoon and cook the vegetables until they're transparent, but don't burn the garlic.

Meanwhile mix the beef, pork, eggs and bread crumbs together in a big mixing bowl. Then pour in a little milk, just a little. When the vegetables are cooked pour the whole thing into the mixing bowl and mash it all together with your hands, mixing everything together. That part is rather gross. But what you're doing is making a gigantic meatball.

When you've got the big meatball just roll it into a baking pan, the one I like to use is Pyrex, form it into a loaf but keep the sides of the meatloaf sloping in away from the sides of the baking pan.

Put that in your 450 degree oven for around thirty minutes. Take the pan out and pour the drippings into another pan to use for making gravy. Let the meatloaf rest for, say, five minutes and there you go.

mmm...

Thanks Con. I'm a pretty lousy cook, although I can grill a mean steak. I think I'm gonna email this to my brother and make him prepare this for me. I got the musical ability, he got the culinary. Although I'm a better cook than he is a musician.

Here is one of my simple Polish dishes that I like to eat when I am on a fat binge.

Take a real smoked Polish Keilbasa. Buy it in a Polish deli, Do not use Hilshire Farm brand!
Boil the Polish sausage until the skin splits open.
Hard boil some eggs.
Buy some real Polish rye bread in the same deli that you got the Keilbasa from. Jewish rye will also work.

Cut the Polish sausage into 1/4 inch thick slices.
Peel and slice the boiled eggs into 1/4 inch slices.

Layer the sausage and egg slices onto a piece of the bread.
Add plenty of fresh Horseradish and some spicy brown mustard.
Make a Sandwich and enjoy!

I bet that you can't eat just one sandwich!

Jay, Im going to try your Meatloaf. It sounds good.

Last edited:
Back