About to purchase...thoughts before purchasing?

Okay after mannnnnnnnnnnny hours I think I am done and have picked what I will order...here it is:

Tama Superstar SK Hyperdrive 6pce
zildjian Oriental 20''China Trash
zildjian A Custom 8''splash
zildjian A 16''Fast Crash
zildjian A 18''Fast Crash
zildjian A Custom 20''Ping Ride
zildjian 14''Newbeat Hihats

.../wipes sweat away from forehead...now no more looking at cymbals, given me a headache.

What do you guys think of what I have chosen

We're all gonna throw out what we would do, but I'd say those cymbals seem like they'd work for just about anything. It's nice to hear several different examples of each and pick the best, but that's not always possible.

As far as the As, I'd make sure I get the newest version with the new big "A" on them (similar to the A Custom logo.)

So after a week this guy finally got back to me on pricing....this was when i was interested in the Meinl Custom Extreme metal cymbals.

"So for pricing

Superstar 5pce std rrp$1995 down to $1499

Superstar 5pce custom rrp$2395 down to $1799

Superstar 6pce std rrp$2295 down to $1749

Superstar 6pce custom rrp$2695 down to $2025

and the cymbals all in stock at supplier.

cc-em480 pack rrp$749.99 down to $599

cc16emc-b 16" crash rrp$199.99 down to $160

cc18emc-b 18" china rrp$ 239.99 down to $192

cc10ems-b 10" splash rrp$109.99 down to $88"

Prices are pretty good in comparison to some other quotes I got

It's either that or just getting a cheapo secondhand one to use for now while I am learning

hows this?

http://imgc.classistatic.com/cps/bln...461ec2_20.jpeg - 1000 negotiable...Pearl VBX-925 BIRCH....thoughts?

heres the actual add for more info..

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wore...x-925-birch-barely-used-price-drop/1018438160

Last edited:
Meinl now? What about the Zildjian's?

This was a week ago before I did all that research etc....I sent him another quote with all the cymbals we talked about earlier in the thread to see if I can get a better price.

Do you have much information on the Pearl VBX-925 BIRCH?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wore...x-925-birch-barely-used-price-drop/1018438160 can get it here hopefully for a lot cheaper, wondering if that's a good kit to start out on.

Its birch so thats good!, just not sure about what hardware I get, doesn't seem like there is anywhere to put another crash, splash, china etc.

+ 1 on the bigger crashes. I have an 18/19 a custom combo and the 19 is awesome, but the 18 lacks a little. As an alternative to a china, what about a 20" A Custom EFX- I have one of those too and its a great cymbal. I have an 18" oriental china too and I really like it. It's really difficuklt if you can't try before you buy. Oh, and +1 on the K custom ride front too. Also consider the Z3 medium heavy rides- I have a 22 and it's brilliant and can be crashed (just).

Thanks for the response.

I live in cairns and the only music store here is pretty bad unfortunately, so i can't even try what I am buying!

I am ordering through this site www.drummersparadise.com.au, not sure if they have what you suggested..ill check it out.

So having an 16 and 18inch crash combo isn't a good idea for metal style drumming?..what would you suggest...18/19 orr.

Thanks again.

For metal I would suggest having an 18/19 combination. Like the other guy said.

Back