Almonds Good for your Health?

That's silly. So there is almond, cherry, and walnut. How about banana, apple, or pear? I'm starting to think John Good is awfully full of himself.

That's silly. So there is almond, cherry, and walnut. How about banana, apple, or pear? I'm starting to think John Good is awfully full of himself.

I think you're right. Matter of fact I'm not as impressed with DW as the thousands of drummers sucked into the hype. Not to mention the prices!

I think you're right. Matter of fact I'm not as impressed with DW as the thousands of drummers sucked into the hype. Not to mention the prices!

I don't think it's hype. Some guys like things that are a little different. Nothing wrong with that. Do you really think that thousands of guys bought because of being blinded by marketing? LOL!!

There seems to be a" I hate DW vibe" on this fourm. I don't get it. Whatever. A lot of the top drummers on the planet play em and they could endorse any kit they wanted to. Are they misinformed?

I have 2 DW kits and a dozen DW snares. They are great drums and they do offer woods and shells that you can't get any where else.

Not every one wants to play some Chinese cookie cutter kit.

YMMV

Last edited:
I don't think it's hype. Some guys like things that are a little different. Nothing wrong with that. Do you really thing that thousands of guys bought because of being blinded by marketing? LOL!!

There seems to be a" I hate DW vibe" on this fourm. I don't get it. Whatever. A lot of the top drummers on the planet play em and they could endorse any kit they wanted to. Are they misinformed?

I have 2 DW kits and a dozen DW snares. They are great drums and they do offer woods and shells that you can't get any where else.

YMMV

Definitely a big hate for DW here and always has been. I'm betting mostly from people that have never played one, or can't afford one.

Definitely a big hate for DW here and always has been. I'm betting mostly from people that have never played one, or can't afford one.

Can't afford is most likely. So they make up all this silly stuff. Childish at best.

Got no problem with DW. I would love one of their Lake Superior kits from about 15 years ago. In no way can I afford them, nor would I want the responsibility of owning a kit that has the price of a good used car. Just seems like maybe they are trying too hard to be different.

Got no problem with DW. I would love one of their Lake Superior kits from about 15 years ago. In no way can I afford them, nor would I want the responsibility of owning a kit that has the price of a good used car. Just seems like maybe they are trying too hard to be different.

I think they like to experiment with different woods and combinations of woods.To me it moves the manufacturing process of ply drums forward.

There are other drum companies offering different combinations of woods as well. Always has been. If you look at high end offerings from other manufacturers they are priced in the same ball park as DW.

Yet for some reason DW is always singled out and made fun of. I don't think everything they offer is the final word in drums, but they offer some great sounding beautiful drums.

I don't think it's hype. Some guys like things that are a little different. Nothing wrong with that. Do you really think that thousands of guys bought because of being blinded by marketing? LOL!!

YMMV

Very true. I don't get the DW derision on here either.

If John Goode ever makes a peanut kit, I'm buying it...............and eating it.

The exploration of different wood species in drum making is hardly new though. Chris Brady, John Craviotto and a hell of a lot of others are lauded for it. Not sure why poor old DW are held to a different standard.

I think DW gets flack for the same reason PRS does. They have a head person who is opinionated about what they do, fairly public, and makes expensive stuff. If someone either doesn't agree with what they say, doesn't like it, or doesn't like the price point, all of a sudden they are hacks that don't know anything that just makes stuff for doctors and lawyers and not "real" musicians.

DW are the big boys and people like picking on the big boys. It's just the way it is. They set the trend for what drums are now and constantly looking for a new niche. That has kept them afloat for some time, albeit the rest of us can't keep up with what is VLT, VLX, Almond milk, Lotte or espresso!

Unfortunately, most any DW I see on stage sounds like most anything else I see on stage. Unless it's a pro band with real sound technicians, all drum brands sound like cardboard boxes, if you can hear them at all! If its a pro band, my earplugs tell me they sound like overly mixed drums!

I guess it all come down to taste. Maybe we should just start licking them! LOL!

Reminds me of that banned user from Tucson that used to get all up in arms whenever someone said anything bad about DW. I get liking you favorite brand but he took it a bit far.

Saw that one recently. Was a bit surprised at the price, but then again not,
considering the source.

The Lake Superior Timeless Timber set was the only thing I've ever seen from them that I got pretty excited about.
It has nothing to do with the actual set itself though.

After thinking about it for a while making drums out of a nut tree seems a little silly. I mean who'd make a drum out of Walnut?

And the maple drums!! LOL! Let's all trade in our cymbals for pancakes.

Fruit trees??? We could use cherry pies instead of heads for that Don Henley sound.

Just messing with you guys. LOL

If they want, I have about 30-40 honey locust trees encroaching on my home that need to be cut down. There's another wood to experiment with!

Back