Excessive drum stick packaging!

Mark_S

Silver Member
A famous online store decided my new drum sticks needed some special packaging...

SticksBigBox.jpg

I think you could have put 20 pairs in that box!

Probably more wood content in the packaging than in the sticks.

I trust the sticks made it to you OK. It would be too ironic if the sticks slipped out in transit and got lost or broken.

I bought a cast-base mic stand for our singer, only just got the Thomann delivery box in the car! Compare it with the actual pack (yellow) for the stand.

Maybe it should say "Cardboard is our passion"?.......

Attachments

• Ryans micstand.jpg
    Ryans micstand.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 198
That's hilarious.

I think that those people use whatever boxes they have lying around. I think I ordered a few smaller drum heads from AMS one time, and it came in a box big enough for a 24" kick head at least.

Either way, I'd rather someone over-pack than under-pack.

I recv'd. a similar package last week about 4 feet high and a foot thick. Inside was a a new snare drum stand collapsed in it's own 20" box. Since it was an expensive stand, I didn't mind. ;)

Probably more wood content in the packaging than in the sticks.

I trust the sticks made it to you OK. It would be too ironic if the sticks slipped out in transit and got lost or broken.

Yep, the sticks are the ones pictured just next to the box at the bottom. They are Vic Firth Corpmaster Ralph Hardimon, and I'm very much enjoying them. Very big and meaty, but still don't warrant that packaging!

I had a similar experience with Amazon. At least they play it safe.

A nice big box.
amazon1_zps3ytw0ewm.jpg

Lots of packaging for safety.
amazon2_zpsdvee1nho.jpg

Ah. That'll be the snare wires then!
amazon3_zpsfbmotqjw.jpg

My trick driveshaft was a box in a box and it could have held 20 of those shafts if not more lol I have a picture somewhere

I had a similar experience with Amazon. At least they play it safe.

A nice big box.
amazon1_zps3ytw0ewm.jpg

Lots of packaging for safety.
amazon2_zpsdvee1nho.jpg

Ah. That'll be the snare wires then!
amazon3_zpsfbmotqjw.jpg

Ironically enough, I also ordered some Puresound Blasters from Amazon and they came packaged like that.....and my navy blue hi-top Chucks are my usually "stage shoe" for drumming.

Yep, the sticks are the ones pictured just next to the box at the bottom. They are Vic Firth Corpmaster Ralph Hardimon, and I'm very much enjoying them. Very big and meaty, but still don't warrant that packaging!

Wow! And I thought I used big sticks.

In a warehouse situation, where you, the vendor receive tons of products in boxes, you get rid of them in many ways. One way is to recycle in a huge bin. Another is to pass them on. They are not cheap so if you can send them to customers to save a brand new one, why not. I worked in a hospital right before retiring in the materials section and we received over 100 boxes per day from various med. supply vendors. Most were put in a huge compactor and recycled by the city, and some used for returns. Amazon is now turning over orders in 2 days so grabbing what is close makes sense.

Wow! And I thought I used big sticks.

I don't use them on the drum kit, that'd be rediculous ;-) Nor does that imply any kind of probing activity..

I just use them on the pad, I find big sticks are a good diagnostic tool when doing rudiments. Plus my usual sticks (Vic Firth SD9 or 5B) feel like tooth picks afterwards and I can fly round the kit!

Back