Wildlife

JustJames

Platinum Member
This sort of thing happens all the time in 'Straya.

And no, that is not a spoof news site, that is for reals.

And if you think that's a big lizard, you should see the size flies those things catch!

Something about drumming in the interests of being properly off topic.

By crikey!

Not for the first time, I'm glad that I live in a country where the most dangerous wild animal is the hedgehog.

This photo was going around Facebook last week. Normally I get JW's knocking on the door. This would be a bit unexpected:

This vicious beast hangs around the school where I work. Last week we had a hot day, so he came down very low by the edge of our sports fields.

Now I know what a koala's tongue looks like.

Very Neighborly Morrisman!

Was that Chardonay or Reisling? ; )

This sort of thing happens all the time in 'Straya.

And no, that is not a spoof news site, that is for reals.

And if you think that's a big lizard, you should see the size flies those things catch!

Something about drumming in the interests of being properly off topic.

Amazing! I never considered that lizards this big, could scale walls. When I lived in Mexico, there were tons of small, super fast lizards that used to jet between the exposed brick walls and the tejas (red roof tiles), and a few iguanas here and there, but nothing like this. :|

This photo was going around Facebook last week. Normally I get JW's knocking on the door. This would be a bit unexpected:
Perfect deterrent. I'll have to remember that one.

This vicious beast hangs around the school where I work. Last week we had a hot day, so he came down very low by the edge of our sports fields.

Now I know what a koala's tongue looks like.

Luckily you escaped with your life. ;) Nice photo, Mo.

When I was a kid, we used to saddle 'em up and ride 'em to school.

This vicious beast hangs around the school where I work.

Wait, you're standing directly underneath a drop bear???

After all the warnings we give the visitors to our shores, you go and risk your life like that?

Gutsy move mate.

Aww how cute is that!

Has anybody else seen the face in the tree trunk?

When I was a kid, we used to saddle 'em up and ride 'em to school.

Wait, you're standing directly underneath a drop bear???

After all the warnings we give the visitors to our shores, you go and risk your life like that?

Gutsy move mate.

Easy mistake to make, and at first I shared your concern, but Morrisman was perfickly safe; the ear tufts are all wrong for a DB, that's just a koala.

Of course there's always the chlamydia risk with koalas...

And it's not much safer in the water... This picture was taken by a drone off the NSW coast, showing the surfers and the sharks just below them...

Dutch

In Australia's wildlife, everything is larger than anywhere else, anyone remember Pollyanna's avatar with the giant cockroach?

image.php

That's a BIG... and I mean BIG cockroach!!!

That shark picture is scary. Great use for drones though.

I remember evacuations at my local beach as a kid. A plane would start circling over the water, sirens would go off. We'd all sit on the hot sand and complain.

A couple of protruding eyeballs, but that's about it. ;-)

If you look at the lower eyeball, and then pan slightly left and down, you'll see a nose, and if you look a bit further down you'll see a mouth. It's a 3/4 profile.

If you look at the lower eyeball, and then pan slightly left and down, you'll see a nose, and if you look a bit further down you'll see a mouth. It's a 3/4 profile.

Got it, thanks!

I was looking toward the right, then down to find a nubbin nose, but then the mouth was waaaay left making it look like Picasso done in tree-bark.

Yours makes more sense!

Did someone say everything was bigger in Australia?
"Ladies and gentlemen... Please keep your arms inside the boat.."

Back