members getting banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
I just wanted to say that I'm saddened by the fact that Trkdrmr is no longer a member. And Jay Norem. Yea Trkdrmr got out of line with Matt Smith, in a big way. Matt certainly didn't deserve what was said about him. I know the forum rules. They just seem too harsh sometimes. I wish there were a 3 strike system. Trkdrmr and Jay were good contributing members and I will miss their comments.

I think a two week suspension for the first offense would be fair, then banning for a repeat offender.

I think a two week suspension for the first offense would be fair, then banning for a repeat offender.

They give you one (1) warning, then if you disobey the rules a second time, you will be banned according to what you did.

Something really bad will get you banned for life.

But they do in fact give you a warning.

I have been warned. I heeded the warning. I am still here. Lesson learned.

Woah... I'm gonna miss Tk... He made a good contribution to the forum, and he was a nice guy. Two well known and well liked members (ok, a lot of people didn't really get Jay...) gone in just two or three months... Looks like the admins are having a crackdown of sorts.

I got warned for using naughty no no words... I was a naughty boy...

Now I use clean speak and get no warnings.

I am a good citizen now, and leave all of my subversiveness for PM's...

Trk asked for it. But it is always funny to watch someone self destruct on a forum. If I get unduly upset at something like a forum, then I have other issues to address. Its pretty easy just to click away, or PM a dirty picture to someone. Not that I have or would ever do such a thing.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

So I was just about to post this on the "lay off pro drummers" thread, but I guess there's a more appropriate one now.

Anyway, this whole thing was kind of like watching cops or one of those air show accidents, man it was crazy. First on that deleted B8 thread, this guy's just raving and bitter and angry, right, and then just freight-trains it right into the copeland thing and then this last thread a minute ago, and I'm just sitting there watching it, going "whoah, this is crazy", and I can just see it coming, just like walking off a cliff, and sure enough, BAM! this guy's gone. Wild, I can't believe he didn't see what he was doing, makes me wonder if he just spends his days in this enraged haze or what. Sorry for the run-on sentences, but this stuff was nuts man. Good show.

On a side note, I miss Jay Norem, I thought he was real funny and intelligent, but this isn't his house, so I figure he's a grownup and should have known that, no matter what's "right" or "wrong".

I'm not surprised and will shed no tear over it believe me......the harsh personal attack on Matt was the final straw that broke the camel's back after attacking the credibility of Unix in his now deleted post in that thread. Remember the deleted cymbal thread anyone? his "comments" directed at me at the end of the Copeland thread? his hostile reference in his signature he had up regarding my choice in pies?. I sure do and more and this guy was no "friendly" trouble free member here by any stretch of the imagination IMO.

First and i'm sure 2nd warning surely ignored......then poof gone.......

Last edited:
I just repeat - and repeat again: Nobody gets banned!!!

...exception: somebody really goes for it!

Bernhard

Matt certainly didn't deserve what was said about him. I know the forum rules.
So did jay and trk. If they choose to break them without thinking, too bad I guess.

So I was just about to post this on the "lay off pro drummers" thread, but I guess there's a more appropriate one now.

Anyway, this whole thing was kind of like watching cops or one of those air show accidents, man it was crazy. First on that deleted B8 thread, this guy's just raving and bitter and angry, right, and then just freight-trains it right into the copeland thing and then this last thread a minute ago, and I'm just sitting there watching it, going "whoah, this is crazy", and I can just see it coming, just like walking off a cliff, and sure enough, BAM! this guy's gone. Wild, I can't believe he didn't see what he was doing, makes me wonder if he just spends his days in this enraged haze or what. Sorry for the run-on sentences, but this stuff was nuts man. Good show!
I compare it to the pro wrestling shows that my kids used to drag me to. We have characters that represent all of the colors of the rainbow here. I have to confess that I am guilty of saying things from time to time that I knew would bring certain people into the thread for my amusement. I haven't done that in quite some time, But I have done that in the past. My morals got the best of me and I stopped baiting threads a long time ago. When I first became a forum member I was surprised at how much bickering was present in the threads. People fought over things that I didn't see as something that would make me angry enough to start swearing at people and calling them names. I take music seriously, but not seriously enough to call people names. Many people like me here and many people less than like me here. You can't please everyone I guess. I like everyone here for who they are and I don't hold a grudge if I disagree with someone. Compared to the problems that we all face in life today, This all somehow seems trivial. I encourage all the members of DW to think of that the next time that you are raging mad about something that you read in a thread.

Jealousy has been brought up as a partial reason for drummers lashing out at each other. I have never been envious or jealous of another drummer, Pro or not. I play for my own enjoyment. I am my own most demanding critic. There are drummers that are deemed as better than me. I learn from them. I am 52 years old and I play at my ability. I have many friends that like my playing. I also have middle age physical limits that restrict my level of play. I thank God every day that I can play and I beg him for more time that I can play.

Last edited:
Also, under Trkdrmr's name it says "former member" not "banned". Perhaps I used the wrong terminology. I don't really know for sure if he was banned or he unsubscribed. Either way, I wasn't aware of the warnings, and in that case, if he was warned, then he did deserve what he got, if he got banned. I like hearing opposing opinions, even strong ones, but attacking one's person crosses the line. There's just no need for that. Too bad.

Ahh yes the good ole banned members ahh ummm former members debacle. If you hang around long enough you will see this about once a year on average. Nothing will ever top the great dispute of 2006 though. I truly enjoyed that one : )

I don't think the thread is deleted, you can read all about it in the "lighten up on the pro drummers" thread. A guide on how to get the boot from here.

Being sort of new here, I liked the difference enough in this forum from other music forums enough to join and start throwing my 2 cents in here and there. Mostly because of rules of conduct and mix of amateurs like me on up to top pros. When things are unmoderated they devolve quickly and the whole thing just gets pointless. It's pretty ridiculous that people sometimes take things so personally just because someone disagrees with something they say. I think it's a sign of a combination of ego and insecurity or both. I've had a few disagreements already, but I don't think it's anything personal. Just a difference of opinion. And as long as the debate stays focused on that I think it's possible to learn from each other, or at the very least just agree to disagree and move on.

In the case of trkdrmr, I can't at all defend his attacks and this is total speculation on my part since I don't know him personally, but the amount of rage exhibited makes me wonder if PTSD may have been involved. I know he just got back from Iraq from reading his posts. Whatever the case may be, hopefully he learned something from all this.

Last edited:
I just repeat - and repeat again: Nobody gets banned!!!

...exception: somebody really goes for it!

Bernhard

Yeah, didn't these guys leave on their own accord.

I don't know TKD; but I think that somewhere down the line he will look at what he did and feel a bit stupid about the whole thing. I don't know how old he is; but it all seemd a bit juvenile. As someone who was not following the thread with attention to detail it seeemed a bit way off. But I think it would have been that way even if I knew the fine detail.

Jay had been on my ignore list for sometime. I took him off and we actually had some good exchanges. If these guys come back, we'll welcome them back; if not, they don't come back. I'm not going to shead a tear over it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back