Snare drum problem?

After putting on your snares, do they ever come loose a minute or so after you start playing? My snares are anchored with black cloth strips, not strings or nylon strips. The butt side always stays in place, but for the throw-off side, I literally have to tie the two halves of the strip together to keep it from slipping through, making it looser. Any advice?

JFJ

Perhaps, I am out of touch with things, but I know of the snare strings, and other things similar to them, and I am also familiar with the nylon straps. I have not heard of anyone using cloth. I have to assume that the cloth will stretch and find an equilibrium point where it will not stretch anymore.

Why can't you use the snare strings, or the nylon straps?

I like the string better, when you shut off the snares with the strings, the snares fall naturally downward whereas with the nylon, it feels like a delay and does not open correctly. Ok, many would yell at me, that I am old school or just ignorant, but I like the string. There are many who are out there that just like arguing no matter what I say.

Back