Byassee Music in Marion, Illinois

rogue_drummer

Gold Member
Has anyone had any experience with Byassee Music store in Marion, Illimois? Good, Bad, Ugly?

I won their eBay auction for a store demo model Ludwig Epic Euro 6 piece kit and paid via Paypal on 9-11. As of today at 2:00 pm I still have not recieved word it has shipped. It was sopposed ot ship and be at my house by 9-17 but I keep getting the runaround whenever I call the store. So from payment on 9-11 to 9-21 ~ 10 days ~ it has sat in their store.

I've called 3 times - 9/17, 9-18, and 9-19 - and had 3 separate promises that it will "ship today". Not much excuse given other than the fact "the box the kick drum is to be shipped in was damaged - had to get another one".

So I filed a complaint with the eBay Customer Protection folks and filed a complaint with the Southern Illinois Better Business Bureau asking for immediate shipment or the immediate return of my money.

I all the years I'm gotten things off of eBay, this is very first time I've run into something like this. What got me into bidding on this kit was the music store's 100% score on eBay.

Anyways, FYI...if you get something from this Byassee Music Store in Marion, Illinois, beware and be cautious of what you are getting into.

Their online customer service is horrible. And the last sales rep I spoke with Wednesday 9-19 wasn't the nicest cat in the litter, so to speak.

I live 30 min from Marion in Franklin Co. Sorry to hear of your experience. I just don't deal with music stores in Southern IL. I have never had a great experience from any of them. I understand your situation, but I would jump in the car and drive to Memphis before I would buy locally around here.

Isn't the prison in Marion, IL the place where Jake and Elwood Blues incarcerated? Or was that in Joliet?

Sorry to hear of your woes. I would think eBay would cover it and just refund your money, is your purchase not protected by eBay?

Unless its an amazing deal, I would probably get a refund.

Buy from someone who looks after their customers.

It's covered by eBay Buyer Protection. I did indeed file a notice with eBay last Wednesday 9/19 after getting the seller's runaround for the 3rd time. eBay's policy is for them to contact the seller and try and resolve any disputes. The seller has 7 days to respond to eBay's dispute notice. If the seller doesn't respond to eBay in 7 days, I can request an escalation and refund covered by eBay.

So get this: I filed with eBay last Wednesday 9-19. LATE Thursday afternoon 9-20 the seller "created" a UPS shipping label to get eBay off their back. LATE Friday afternoon 9-21 UPS picked up the kit from the seller.

From the UPS tracking number, it should be delivered by close of business today at my home address.

I paid the seller via Paypal the morning of 9-11. It took 3 calls to the seller, filing a dispute with eBay, calling eBay twice, and filing a complaint with the Illinois Better Business Bureau BEFORE even the shipping label was created late Thursday 9-20. 9/21 - 10 days later from the date of payment on 9/11 - the kit was finally shipped.

No wonder mandrew said he'd drive to Memphis to get gear before he'd buy locally from around Marion. Ha!

Rouge, from the tales you tell here, you could be the inspiration for that tune, "Born Under a Bad Sign".

It's covered by eBay Buyer Protection. I did indeed file a notice with eBay last Wednesday 9/19 after getting the seller's runaround for the 3rd time. eBay's policy is for them to contact the seller and try and resolve any disputes. The seller has 7 days to respond to eBay's dispute notice. If the seller doesn't respond to eBay in 7 days, I can request an escalation and refund covered by eBay.

So get this: I filed with eBay last Wednesday 9-19. LATE Thursday afternoon 9-20 the seller "created" a UPS shipping label to get eBay off their back. LATE Friday afternoon 9-21 UPS picked up the kit from the seller.

From the UPS tracking number, it should be delivered by close of business today at my home address.

I paid the seller via Paypal the morning of 9-11. It took 3 calls to the seller, filing a dispute with eBay, calling eBay twice, and filing a complaint with the Illinois Better Business Bureau BEFORE even the shipping label was created late Thursday 9-20. 9/21 - 10 days later from the date of payment on 9/11 - the kit was finally shipped.

No wonder mandrew said he'd drive to Memphis to get gear before he'd buy locally from around Marion. Ha!

Well, I'm glad that it sounds like it's been resolved. With your luck, hopefully UPS doesn't destroy it on the way to you ;)

Back