Guitar centre drum off winner 2012.

And one of the grading criteria is audience reaction, which we don't get to fully see/hear in a youtube clip.

I was there, in the top section of Club Nokia (where there are seats, as opposed to the floor). Standing ovation all around. He was great.

That was superb! The creativity and technique displayed were both phenomenal! He definitely deserved that win for sure.
As for the octopad - who cares? I mean he's hitting it with a drum stick whilst still playing a solid beat. As far as I'm concerned, the octopad should have been allowed in this competition before last year. Just my 0.02!

Cheers!

Let me start off by saying that it was a great performance. Well done and well deserved.

My gripe is - Octapad. Not everyone has one, or even has access to one. There's little chance you will advance if you don't find a way to incorporate it into your solo.

DRUMS, man. Drums are challenging enough. If it's too boring watching drums solo for 5 mintues at a stretch, hire a band. Have a house band each drummer can play with. THEN, you'll see who the players are.

I tend to agree. They need to play songs, ideally with a band. I get bored quickly of just watching someone hit drums really fast. The electronic pad is interesting, but sounds a bit cheesy to my ear.

Back