Pearl Masters Custom MMX update

Sirwill

Silver Member
I have spent the last few days putting the finishing touches on my new Pearl Masters Custom MMX kit. Compared to my other kit (Ludwig Accent Custom zep kit) the Pearls are leaps and bonds above the Ludwig's. The Pearls have a very wide tunning range. I'm able to tune them very low (which is what I prefer). All the drums are virgin and with the 4ply maple shells with 4ply reinforcement rings the drums resonate forever. I'm using Remo Clear Ambassadors on batter and bottoms which really let the warmth of the maple sing. I could not be any happier. I have wanted a high end Masters kit for decades.

Attachments

• Pearl%20Masters%20Custom%20001.jpg
    Pearl%20Masters%20Custom%20001.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 6,833
  • Pearl%20Masters%20Custom%20002.jpg
    Pearl%20Masters%20Custom%20002.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 4,113
  • Pearl%20Masters%20Custom%20003.jpg
    Pearl%20Masters%20Custom%20003.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 4,531
  • Pearl%20Masters%20Custom%20005.jpg
    Pearl%20Masters%20Custom%20005.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 4,455
  • Pearl%20Masters%20Custom%20007.jpg
    Pearl%20Masters%20Custom%20007.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 3,813
  • Pearl%20Masters%20Custom%20029.jpg
    Pearl%20Masters%20Custom%20029.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 3,853
  • Pearl%20Masters%20Custom%20032.jpg
    Pearl%20Masters%20Custom%20032.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 4,061
  • Pearl%20Masters%20Custom%20039.jpg
    Pearl%20Masters%20Custom%20039.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 3,921
Thank you. The kit is a 2000 model and they say its color is (Red Wine) but I have seen many Red Wine masters kits and they are all much darker. My kit is much more a vivid red. If any one knows the the name of this color please let me know.

I have spent the last few days putting the finishing touches on my new Pearl Masters Custom MMX kit. Compared to my other kit (Ludwig Accent Custom zep kit) the Pearls are leaps and bounds above the Ludwig's. I have wanted a high end Masters kit for decades.
Love the photo showing the inside of the shell. Re-inforcement rings, just like "the good old days". And glad you are now "experiencing" the joy of a pro-level kit. Yes, they do sound better than "intermediate" level kits.

*drool* pretty.......... i like all the percussive pieces on your kit

can I get some specs?

-Jonathan

SirWill, congrats on the kit...WOW they are gorgeous and I am thrilled with you that have have finally gotten the kit you have wanted all these years!!!! YEAH!!!! They are really nice looking and I am certain they sound fabulous as well. As for the color my ludwig accent customs are red wine and what you have certainly is not...they are a very nice looking red but not red wine...as you well know.

CONGRATS again!

SirWill, congrats on the kit...WOW they are gorgeous and I am thrilled with you that have have finally gotten the kit you have wanted all these years!!!! YEAH!!!! They are really nice looking and I am certain they sound fabulous as well. As for the color my ludwig accent customs are red wine and what you have certainly is not...they are a very nice looking red but not red wine...as you well know.

CONGRATS again!
Thank you for the kind words. I would love to see a picture of your ludwigs!

Thank you for the kind words. I would love to see a picture of your ludwigs!

All ya have to do is go to my drummerworld page and you can see my Accents its the cheap paistes they gave with the kit I want to get rid of! I am all right with the kit for now...still a noob so I can deal with it for now...lol

Nice drums!! Im looking at getting a new kit and the Masters is, as right now at the top of my list.

Nice drums!! I'm looking at getting a new kit and the Masters is, as right now at the top of my list.
I would highly recommend the Masters series. In my opinion nobody crafts a better finish on a shell then Pearl. There high end drums are truly a show piece. Also no other manufacture crafts quality at a better price. Yes, I said that, and I'm sure opinions are just truly opinions.

Hello, lovely kit mate

I have the snare to match your kit, It has Master cast hoops though. The finish, badge and hardware is all the same though.

Scott

Back