Concert Behavior

fighting often breaks out at gigs i frequent, i think i go to the wrong places. however there is always some guy filming the whole gig on his phone (to upload to youtube to prove he was there i expect). it's usually he who ends up getting destroyed by some ape with a nose ring.

Wow great list.

I would also like to add - I hate those people who elbow and punch other people for being accidentally pushed into them near the front.

My God! It's a concert and if you wanted to be near the front you should be prepared for all of the pushing and shoving that goes on.

I've had sweaty armpits in my face, people resting their arms on my back, I've been lifted off the floor and crushed up against someone and couldn't move etc... and I never lose my cool with stuff like that. If you want the best position, you have to face the consequences of being there.

90% of the hand-held filming of concerts on Youtube is total garbage. It's either blurry, unstable, dark, or the sound is terrible, Sometimes all of the above.

Pictures are also of poor quality, usually due to the low lighting and attempted zooming in to see the stage area from a distance.

I can't count the number of times people have posted FB pics from a concert they attended. They say it was Aerosmith, but it could have been Tony Orlando for all I could tell.

Did you say Tony Angelino....

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=104789442895943

Good list, except for #10 which is the wrong way around. If I wanted to dance I'd go to a dancing place. It's a concert.

If I pay big bucks to see a concert I don't want to be forced to my feet because some hyperactive brain-dead bimbos and himbos want to jump around. I don't yell "sit down" but I'm rooting for anyone who does.

There's a very simple solution to this: Promoters should STOP PUTTING ON ROCK SHOWS IN SEATED VENUES!

I've started to avoid rock concerts in seated venues, simply because the crowd energy is basically completely gone, which means that I might as well sit at home and listen to the CD. Towards the end, the front few rows might get on their feet, which may or may not cause a few more people further back to stand up, but all in all it's a very dull experience. I dread the day it's my turn to attempt to put on an energetic live show for a seated crowd.

There's a very simple solution to this: Promoters should STOP PUTTING ON ROCK SHOWS IN SEATED VENUES!

I've started to avoid rock concerts in seated venues, simply because the crowd energy is basically completely gone, which means that I might as well sit at home and listen to the CD.

You can type in capital letters, luv - even bold them - but economics says that ain't gunna happen. Still, I agree - seeing big shows from a distance is less of a buzz than seeing a good pub band.

On the other hand, when Steely Dan played the Entertainment Centre the boomy acoustics had them sounding like a rock group, which didn't present the music to best advantage IMO, and I wasn't the only one who felt that way.

Trouble is, if you can fill the biggest venue it can't be easy to knock back the extra $$ in order to play a smaller, more fun one. When you get there, just remember that they're dancing on the inside :)

Some of the best concerts I've ever been to were in a no seat smaller venue.In the summer of 69,The New York State pavillion in the old worlds fair grounds in Queens NY,started doing one price concerts.(Thats the building in the movie "Men in Black",where the top of the building changes into a spaceship)

To name a few I saw some new and up and comming bands like Ten Years After,Santana,Paul Butterfield Blues Band,and Zepplin.

There were NO seats in the round building as well as most of the building being open,and just a roof.The acoustics were similar to an open air concert .No place to sit but the floor.Great shows.

Steve B

Funny I've only been to one seated concert but I had a good experience. But that's only because it was a three story arena so we had no one near us. Non seated is def the way to go thought. Heaps more energy.

Now that I’ve seen that list, I’m much more likely to shout “Feebird” at every opportunity. (While secretly hoping to never hear that song again.)

And about yelling for obscure songs. It’s a bonding moment. Other uber-fans get to realize they’re not alone, and the artist gets to hear that some people like even their weird stuff.

A while back I filmed Gary Husband playing with Alan Holdsworth. I sent Gary a link to it on Youtube, and he seemed quite pleased with it.

Here’s a related quiz: In This Is Spinal Tap, can anybody tell me in what scene an audience member shouts out “play ‘Stonehenge’!”?

The 2 things I hate the most:

1. Drunk people chatting/screaming while you play low-volume parts of a song.

2. Drunk people that arrive late and complain. Saying that it should be cheaper, because it's only 1 am and the band is (already) finished.

I had to publicly humiliate this one lady, because she wouldn't get off my back about how angry she was that the band was already finished and that we didn't play cotton fields.
She was constantly yapping and even stood beside the van we were loading our equipment into.

Guess I'm just old fashioned. Don't like general admission. (People have been killed rushing into general admission shows.) I like to get there just before the show and go to my reserved seat. No standing in line for a couple hours just to be sure to get a good place to stand.

Guess I'm just old fashioned. Don't like general admission. (People have been killed rushing into general admission shows.) I like to get there just before the show and go to my reserved seat. No standing in line for a couple hours just to be sure to get a good place to stand.

I like when they offer both. For some shows I want to be "down in the pit" of GA... For others, I'd rather have a seat and relax. Depends on the show.

Ditto. Tidy. Organised. Relaxed. Civilised. Mellow. That's how I like it these days. Trouble is, those are the gigs that a lot of women go to, which means long toilet queues at intermission. Utopia does not exist.

I would love for King Crimson (or some other top quality nerd band) to come out to Sydney. It would almost be worth admission to waltz into the Ladies room at half time and laugh at the huge queue outside the Gents ;-)

Ditto. Tidy. Organised. Relaxed. Civilised. Mellow. That's how I like it these days. Trouble is, those are the gigs that a lot of women go to, which means long toilet queues at intermission. Utopia does not exist.

I would love for King Crimson (or some other top quality nerd band) to come out to Sydney. It would almost be worth admission to waltz into the Ladies room at half time and laugh at the huge queue outside the Gents ;-)

Is this country it is not uncommon for one of the female persuasion to waltz into the mens facility when the lines are long. This is usually sporting events where the beer flows rapidly

Back