INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Re: Hello Everyone

Welcome, never too late to start, there was a thread on here about a 98 year old woman who is learning drums. Really cool avatar bayou dog.

Just Joined

Just stopped by to say hello & great site.

real name? Rick Arrendale
age? 54
how long been playing? 42 yrs.
origin of user name? From a Dream Theater tune Paradigm Shift
top 5 drummers? Are yet to be discovered
make of drumkit? PDP X7 Maple, PDP Birch, Rogers '78, Pearl E-conversion
make of cymbal? Zildjian & I can spell it too. lol!
where do you practice? Home & band rehearsal room
are you in a band/s? Yes, www.arrivalband.com
covers or originals? Covers
what style of music? Tribute act
favourite take out food? Subway
country?USA
one really odd fact about yourself? I often over think things, I think.
how did you start drumming? Started by drumming on my desk at school really

Last edited:
Re: Just Joined

Welcome and photos of the Rogers kit would be nice! Thanks.

Gotta give props to anyone who attempts to sing anything Journey. Getting anywhere near the vocals of Steve Perry is next to impossible. Looks like your band has quite the following according to your website pics.

Hey. I just joined too. There seems to be a lot of info on this site. I hope you enjoy your stay. Im pretty sure i will. Look forward to seeing ya in the conversations..

Re: Hello Everyone

Welcome to the brotherhood Bayou Dog :)

Better late than never... I say :)

Right decision, right choice of instrument(s), may you and your son have fun playing and learning the wonderfull craft of drumming :)

Thanks for the welcome. This is a nice site. Our singer has the pipes. We get our share of Journey fans. We really shine at festivals & fairs. Its our bread & butter.

Hola!

Real name? Randy
Age? 18
How long have I been playing? 8 Years.
Origin of my username? Well it's my name aha
Top 5 drummers? Hmm, well Joey Jordison definitely influenced me to start playing, shortly after I loved Chris Adler then Tomas Haake, Morgan Agren.
Make of drumkit? Tama Superstar
Make of cymbals? Sabian B8 Pros atm :(
Where do you practice? Where ever/Whenever I can. Right now at home occasionally(people complaining in house) and with my band at a practice space.
Are you or were you in a band? I've been in two and I have to say I am in love with my current band - Nemora.
Covers or originals? Originals but we may do some covers down the road.
Style of music? Most of it's some form of metal but we play anything really.
Take out food? I love chinese food ahah.
Country? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? Sometimes I say random foods.
How did I start drumming? My brother and hearing Slipknot.

Hi everybody...

I joined the forum a couple of weeks back.

I'm from Cheshire, in the north of the United Kingdom, but currently living in Lancashire.

Started drumming at the age of 11, joining my first band with my older (17) mate Sean when I was 12. I played in bands until the age of 18 then threw my drumsticks and kit away in a huff when the band I was in refused to take up a residency covering Beatles songs in a hotel on the Isle of Man. I saw it as a a dream come true, a group of teenagers playing music they loved for the price of accommodation, drinks, food, and a small wage. My friends who were in the band disagreed, bottled it, and went to university.

I never really forgave them.

I met one of these lads about 10 years later when I was 30 and we hooked up, formed a quite brilliant band, and very nearly got signed until the two guitarists fell out and started fighting...and we subsequently broke up.

I dropped drums again at the aged of 36...just became impractical to play at home.

The strangest part of my musical life is that my friend Sean...you remember...the one I was playing in bands with when I was 12 (we've always kept in touch and been friends)....rang me about three weeks back asking if I fancied playing drums in a band...I said no...but he persuaded me to sit in for a weekend rehearsal so that they could record some demos with a view to recruiting a drummer....

I'm now joined up again in a band, and have just purchased my first Electronic Drum Kit to facilitate home practice.

The first rehearsal was absolutely, mentally, stupidly good...it's like we'd both gone back 30 odd years....instant click....and absolutely outrageously good covers....we did I Wanna Be Your Dog (The Stooges), Blitzkrieg Bop (Ramones), EMI (Sex Pistols) and a couple of self-penned songs.

The band has been named....Midlife Crisis ....and we're available for weddings, funerals, and Bar Mitzvah's.

Hahaha...

The biggest regret in life...not continuously playing drums from 11 to 43...I think I might have been a decent drummer if I'd played for 32 years....regretfully I've hamstrung myself by taking to many long sabaticals away from the hobby for all manner of reasons...sigh.

Real name?
Mathieu LESCUYER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVh_4usTdmc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcrTLNLLd1Y&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFDo1CyP8uA&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGrQ1Tw5nQs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlzUCnCoCaM
Etc ......

Age?
well ...

How long have I been playing?
I play since over 30 years

Origin of my username?
drummermathieu : my YOUTUBE username... !!!

Top 5 drummers?
Jo Jones, Vinnie Colaiuta, Chris Coleman, Stewart Copeland, Damien Schmitt

Make of drumkit?
TAMA Starclassic Mapple + Starclassic BB + Superstar Hyperdrive X 2 + Roland TD9 + Little Gretsch (vintage)

Make of cymbals?
mainly Zildjian (+ Ufip, Stagg, Istanbul, Meinl...)

Where do you practice?
I have a room where I teach many lessons

Are you or were you in a band?
Blessed Virgins (rock) Graemme Allwright (variétés) Louis Bertignac (ex-Téléphone) Thierry Obadia (chanson) Nuance (Funk) Lobster (Rock-Blues) Racines (Blues) Infinitif (Funk Rock) Sihem ( Pop rock) Angora ( rock) Gaïa (world) Court-circuit (rock) Jerry Cooper (afro-funk) Gilles Guillou (jazz) Jean-Paul Maéso (chanson pop) Via Luna (Pop Rock) etc.....

Covers or originals?
Both

Style of music?
All kinds of music

Take out food?

Country?
France !!! You know? In Europe! ;-)

One really odd fact about yourself?
More i grow and more I like to play! Today I want to play with Le Cirque Du Soleil!

How did I start drumming?
At the age of eleven, after seeing a concert of contemporary music !! Truly !!!

Last edited:
Re: Hi everybody...

Hey man, welcome to Drummerworld. Cool that your back, playin' in a band, bangin' on the tubs.​
Don't worry, that you "took a bit of a break" .... just enjoy the fact that your back in the saddle, now. Your never to old to start, or start back up.​
But, we like pictures (eye candy), so ya gotta post some pics of your kit(s).​

Yeah, what Harry said. And I too would never forgive band members who prevented me from getting paid for playing Beatles songs. If you are to cover ANY band's songs who better than the Fab 4.

And I gotta ask, are there 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire?

Welcome.

Mathieu LESCUYER, My very first time here, but not my last! ;-)

Real name?
Mathieu LESCUYER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVh_4usTdmc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcrTL...feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFDo1...feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGrQ1Tw5nQs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlzUCnCoCaM
Etc ......

Age?
well ...

How long have I been playing?
I play since over 30 years

Origin of my username?
drummermathieu : my YOUTUBE username... !!!

Top 5 drummers?
Jo Jones, Vinnie Colaiuta, Chris Coleman, Stewart Copeland, Damien Schmitt

Make of drumkit?
TAMA Starclassic Mapple + Starclassic BB + Superstar Hyperdrive X 2 + Roland TD9 + Little Gretsch (vintage)

Make of cymbals?
mainly Zildjian (+ Ufip, Stagg, Istanbul, Meinl...)

Where do you practice?
I have a room where I teach many lessons

Are you or were you in a band?
Blessed Virgins (rock) Graemme Allwright (variétés) Louis Bertignac (ex-Téléphone) Thierry Obadia (chanson) Nuance (Funk) Lobster (Rock-Blues) Racines (Blues) Infinitif (Funk Rock) Sihem ( Pop rock) Angora ( rock) Gaïa (world) Court-circuit (rock) Jerry Cooper (afro-funk) Gilles Guillou (jazz) Jean-Paul Maéso (chanson pop) Via Luna (Pop Rock) etc.....

Covers or originals?
Both

Style of music?
All kinds of music

Take out food?

Country?
France !!! You know? In Europe! ;-)

One really odd fact about yourself?
More i grow and more I like to play! Today I want to play with Le Cirque Du Soleil!

How did I start drumming?
At the age of eleven, after seeing a concert of contemporary music !! Truly !!!

Yeah, what Harry said. And I too would never forgive band members who prevented me from getting paid for playing Beatles songs. If you are to cover ANY band's songs who better than the Fab 4.

And I gotta ask, are there 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire?

Welcome.

I never did mate (forgive them).

I live about 15 minutes away from Blackburn and spent a couple of years, some considerable time back, rehearsing and gigging over there and it's vicinities, Burnley, Preston, etc. (playing original stuff by this time). We were in the van on the way to our first gig in Blackburn and drove past some roadworks...all four of us in the van looked at each other and sang "...."....well you know what we sang !!

hi,

i'm new here and thinking about getting back into drumming. i used to play at church but stopped for over 10 years. i don't have a kit but am thinking about buying one, probably something small and portable like the sonor jungle kit.

i hope to learn a lot. now on to the questions:

How long have you been playing? 2-3 years, over a 10 year lay off.
Your top 5 drummers? ?uestlove, jojo mayer, keith carlock, benny benjamin, steve gadd
Make of drumkit? sonor jungle? used manu katche? sakae pac-d?
Make of cymbal? sabian, zildjian, meinl
Where do you practice? at home on a practice pad.
Favourite take out food? korean fried chicken
What country do you live in? usa
One really odd fact about yourself? i joined this forum and i don't have a kit
How did you start drumming? started playing at church a long time ago

Last edited:
Sup!
Some of you might know me from the Derek Roddy and George Kollias Forum where I go by same username.

Real name? Tobias Röhner
Age? 20
How long have you been playing? 10 years
Origin of user name? old nickname of mine, used it for ages
Your top 5 drummers? Derek Roddy, Benny Greb, Dave Haley, Simon Phillips, John Longstreth
Make of drumkit? Sonor/Pearl/anything that sounds good to me
Make of cymbal? Paiste/Sabian/again, anything that sounds good :p
Where do you practice? at home
Are you in a band? I'm in Stick In The Head (Pop Punk) and Archaic Thorn (Death Metal)
Do you play covers or originals? a bit of both
What style of music? Metal and Rock
Favourite take out food? I'll eat anything really
What country do you live in? Germany
One really odd fact about yourself? I'll stay up until 5am to watch Starcraft tournaments
How did you start drumming? my mom discovered my talented to rhythmically tap on things when I was a kid and sent me to the next drum teacher

aaand, here's my YT channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/dubbe186

WfS9kl.jpg

How long have you been playing: About a week...
Origin of user name: It's the name I gave to a character I drew many years ago (about 10 years ago). It was a winged sort of Grim Reaper type character, so he was carrying a scythe. The Latin for scythe is "falx", so I used the form Falcifer, meaning "scythe-bearing". Akin to Lucifer meaning "light-bearing" from the Latin "lux" for light... I used it for a few forums back then and stuck with it.
Your top 5 drummers: In no particular order, and for various reasons: Stewart Copeland, David Silveria, Dave Grohl, John Bonham, Danny Carey. As with most of my "top 5"s, this is subject to change at any time.
Make of drumkit: Sonor.
Make of cymbal: Paiste.
Where do you practice: In my bedroom.
Are you in a band: Not yet.
What style of music: Not applicable but I like a lot of different styles. Grew up listening to a lot of 50s and 60s rock n' roll. Listened to a lot of metal in my teens. Enjoyed plenty of rock (modern and classic), punk rock, rap, goth, indie, alt rock... I also listen to classical, opera, jazz, blues and anything that's good, regardless of genre.
Favourite take out food: Chinese.
What country do you live in: England.
One really odd fact about yourself: Probably not so odd among drummers but I'm left-handed for writing and right-handed for most other things, including drumming.
How did you start drumming: My brother bought Rock Band and I loved playing the drums on that, so I bought a cheap second-hand kit, which didn't get much use. I had to sell that and found myself really wanting to play the drums, so I bought a new (albeit entry level) kit.

Hello form Ireland

Hi all,

I'm Dave. I'm from Dublin Ireland. I'm married with 2 kids, a 2 1/2 year old son and a week and a half old daughter. I have been playing for about 25 years and have been actively gigging for the past 18.

Kits I have - a Pearl masters MCX (22, 12,13,16) in Chestnut Fade, a Mapex Horizon HXB jazz kit (18,12,14 14 snare) in Transparent Midnight Black and I'm picking up my used DW Collectors (22,10,12,14 in Blue Oyster Finishply) today. I use Sabian cymbals and my gigging setup is 14" HHX Evolution Hats, 20 HH Rock Ride, 16" HH Med-thin Crash, 18" HH Thin Crash and an 8" AA splash. I'm hoping to add on a 18" HHX O-zone shortly to complete my ideal set.

I'll post some pics whenever I get the chance.

Dave :)

Back