Travis Barker - Plane Crash

Re: travis barker in plane crash?

This sucks. I just heard the latest on the national news. Critical condition in a burn unit in South Carolina. Apparently the plane crashed on takeoff and skidded off the runway. The news didn't sound good.

I just heard on the radio, 4 other people died in the crash.

Travis Barker - plane crash

Just picked this up off of yahoo.

------------------------------------------------------

COLUMBIA, S.C. – Former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker and a popular disc jockey were critically injured in a Learjet crash in South Carolina that killed four people, authorities said Saturday.

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said the plane carrying six people was departing shortly before midnight Friday when air traffic controllers reporting seeing sparks. The plane went off a runway and crashed on a nearby road, she said.

Hospital spokeswoman Beth Frits said Barker and DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, were in critical condition at a burn center in Augusta, Ga., about 75 miles southwest of Columbia.

Two other passengers and two crew members died, said the National Transportation Safety Board. Their identities were not immediately available.

Barker and Goldstein, who perform together under the name TRVSDJ-AM, played a free concert in Columbia's college neighborhood Friday night.

"It's absolutely terrible and tragic," Columbia Mayor Bob Coble said.

A representative for Barker and DJ AM said she had no information the crash.

After Blink 182, Barker went on to form the rock band (+44) — pronounced "plus forty-four." He starred in the MTV reality series "Meet the Barkers" with former Miss USA Shanna Moakler, to whom he was married at the time. The show documented the former couple's lavish wedding and life.

Goldstein at one time was engaged to celebrity Nicole Richie.

Re: Travis Barker - plane crash

WOW, that blows my mind...pray that Baker and Goldstein come out their critical status and recover...tragic about the other 4 who lost their lives.

hope that they can get better, and RIP.

Saw the pictures of the crash site on Fox news on the net. No pretty. The 2 survivors were lucky to be spared the fate of the other 4 on the plane. From the brief description of the condition of Travis and the other fellow it will be touch and go at this point due to some serious burns involved after the crash. Hope both pull through.

I just read that as well, is always a shock to see someone we know well in a bad crash, my thoughts and prayers are with them and all the families.

Musicians should just stop flying on airplanes from now on. Too many have been lost like this. Anyway, setting aside whatever feelings we may have about Travis, he's a drummer and a damn good one at that. I hope he gets through this and back to doing what he does best.

Musicians should just stop flying on airplanes from now on. Too many have been lost like this. Anyway, setting aside whatever feelings we may have about Travis, he's a drummer and a damn good one at that. I hope he gets through this and back to doing what he does best.

Yeah, same here. God bless

OMG!

My prayers and best wishes to the families, and hope for a speedy recovery for TB.

I had NO idea that this had happened. Been off the tv for a few days.

God speed.

Im no barker fan, but its just terrible what happened. My friend was at the concert the night before the crash supposedly down in columbia south carolina.

I hope Travis and Adam get well soon, my prayers and condolences go out to all involved and affected by this tragic twist of fate.

It may be a reach but I wonder if this might mend broken ends between Tom Delonge and Travis/Mark? sometimes tragedy can bring people together... man a blink reunion would be amazing.

Last edited:
This sucks! :(

RIP to those gone and I hope Travis and Adam make it out of this...

I have no words. I`d have never expected that something like this could ever happen...it happens and it`s horrible.

Prayers and best wishes to those who suffer from this terrible occurrence.
I hope that Travis and Adam get well soon.

Karl

Im definitely one of those guys who will harass(for fun) TB fans on forums, but this is terrible. I do respect that he has made a name for himself and has made a great living doing what we all dream of doing. I hope he makes a full recovery, but if not. he will be okay. He is an efficient business man and could make a living not playing drums. Although mass use of triggers could work. He has a record label and that clothing company? am i right?

yea he has both a record label and clothing line "Famous Stars and Straps" which is doing very well, im sure hell be able to play again, i mean after it heals its just scar tissue, i dont see how that would stop him.

Back