Very hard decision... london drum show

StaggerLee

Silver Member
So thanks to a very successful band... this year at london drum show im in a good position... but im REALLY torn between getting myself a set of amedia cymbals that i always wanted... or a guru snare.... how hellish is this :/ what else is everyone planning on getting then?

So thanks to a very successful band... this year at london drum show im in a good position... but im REALLY torn between getting myself a set of amedia cymbals that i always wanted... or a guru snare.... how hellish is this :/ what else is everyone planning on getting then?

If you don't already own a Guru snare, drop what you're doing now, schedule an appointment with your bank's loan officer, and talk to Andy. I promise you won't regret it.

I find it much harder to find likable cymbals and you know Andy will always be there. I go with cymbals.

Just buy a cheapy 6" splash from Amedia, Alex will sort you out if you ask him very nicely... then have the said 6" splash autographed by Anika Nilles... then you sell said autographed 6" splash to a AN fan... and voilà, you got yourself the cash to buy both a snare from Guru and a nice cymbal from Amedia... it's simple really... no hard decision at all...

How much do you want for the 6" splash?

:)

It doesn't really matter what you get as long as you're pleased with your purchase.

Your sound guy will smear all his aural Nutella all over your sound and you will be happy to know what you own only when you're alone.

If you don't already own a Guru snare, drop what you're doing now, schedule an appointment with your bank's loan officer, and talk to Andy. I promise you won't regret it.

A agree with this advice. The only thing that prevents me from going to see Andy is that brass doesn't grow on trees.... yet...

Just buy a cheapy 6" splash from Amedia, Alex will sort you out if you ask him very nicely... then have the said 6" splash autographed by Anika Nilles... then you sell said autographed 6" splash to a AN fan... and voilà, you got yourself the cash to buy both a snare from Guru and a nice cymbal from Amedia... it's simple really... no hard decision at all...

How much do you want for the 6" splash?

:)

Considering Anika is a Meinl endorser, I'm not sure why she would be signing Amedia cymbals. And I'm not sure why a fan on Anika's would want a cymbal that she signed but doesn't play. Kind of like Michael Jordan signing a Reebok shoe. Who wants that?

I'm sure you're going to have a whale of a time making up your mind, Ollie, and there'll be no shortage of people to discuss your thoughts with!

I'm chuffed to bits that I can go both days now, and it's an Amedia crash for me. Alex has ordered one that I'm interested in trying, but if I don't like it I have a second choice lined up.

You said successful band. Why can't you get the cymbals and the snare? You only live once. Make it happen.

Back