When to fill or not to fill.

Just gospel chops the living daylights out of that mother.

But for real, I had buddy who put it well. It's like having a conversation. Listen to what the other person has to say until they finish their thought, and speak when it's your turn.

Henri, I'm not as mad about drums as you are :) I go through phases. Sometimes I'm into it, sometimes not and in a pretty lukewarm phase ATM, enough to want to play a bit but not enough to have much to say about it.

I agree, you're not as mad as me, you're worst than me :)

Still, it's nice to see that you're posting a little... we miss you loads.

I'm very much a 'meat and potatoes' drummer. And with not very much meat, either.

My band is tackling Summertime Blues, in the style of the Who's version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQpiv2vNmV8

Geez! Keith Moon sounds like he's playing fills for the whole darn' song.

As I'm singing and drumming on this one, I will more than have my work cut out for me.

Cheers Henri. I liked the topic, which is why I posted. I've been quiet since I quit gigging because most of the threads here are (understandably) geared towards the concerns of gigging drummers.
& that means us filling in for you - most selfish of you young lady ;) I was chatting with Jon about you last Saturday = ears burning?

Back