My Premier drums

drummyjosh

Got a bit boared and thought I would make an updated post about my kit.
I'm not shure what Premier kit it is as it was given to me, but it sound pretty good, though could do with some new heads. Let me know if you know what it is.
Just got the china yesterday. Only cost £55 for a hand made china! Sounds great too.
Really want to get another snare stand for the Rack tom. It's too big and heavy to have mounted on the stand.... and the mount is broke =/
Let me know what you think :)
Specs are below.

Specs:
Unknown Premier kit.
13x10" Rack tom
16x16" Floor tom
22x16" Kick

14"x7" AD Drums Custom Snare Drum

Cymbals:
14" Zildjian A Custom Hihats
18" Zildjian A Custom Projection Crash
18" Sabian AAX Stage Crash (Cracked)
21" Zildjian A Sweet Ride
18" Dream Lion China

Hardware:
Elite 2 Leg Hihat Stand
DW 5000 Single Pedal
Mapex 950 Boom Stand x2
Premier Snare Stand
Premier Cymbal Stand x2
Mapex 750 Round Top Throne

The kit was given to you, so it's a gift...so don't look at the lugs, spurs then! :*)

The 13x10" Rack tom, will be set nice on a stand with a slight angle, or you like to play it complete flat?

I think is a very good kit, put together from different pieces. It makes it interesting, come on now , play it and enjoy it!

...Is that you standing up on the throne?

Cheers man,
Yh, It was a gift of sorts. I guess the guy who owned it had no use for it and didn't really think it was worth anything so he just gave it to me.
WiIl be getting a stand for the tom soon, but yh, I like to have everything quite flat.Just my personal preference.

Yes that is me standing on the throne. Why do you ask?

Hi, Man

...just saw your toes pointing out the kit.
Good enough with your personal preference and I respect that, by the way Jack White from The Deadly Weather plays a flat drum set-up as your taste.

My Best Regards...and welcome to brotherhood.

Those are some nice tubs!

Based on the BD spurs and T-rods, they're probably from mid-70's to mid-80's. It looks like those are reinforcement rings inside the shells. If so, I think they're from the Elite Series, the Soundwave Series or the Projector series, depending on the year and the way they packaged them. They were really the same birch shells with beech reinforcement hoops. Regardless, they're pro-level drums and were top-of the-line along with the Resonators, which would be these same shells, but with a secondary inner shell.

Here's a site with lots of old Premier catalogs: http://www.drumarchive.com/Premier/

When I was a teen I really wanted to get the Premier Black Shadow kit. It was a resonator shell in a satin black finish. It had the same lugs as yours. I love those lugs. I still have the brochure for the Black Shadow kit. Enjoy.

Those are some nice tubs!

Based on the BD spurs and T-rods, they're probably from mid-70's to mid-80's. It looks like those are reinforcement rings inside the shells. If so, I think they're from the Elite Series, the Soundwave Series or the Projector series, depending on the year and the way they packaged them. They were really the same birch shells with beech reinforcement hoops. Regardless, they're pro-level drums and were top-of the-line along with the Resonators, which would be these same shells, but with a secondary inner shell.

Here's a site with lots of old Premier catalogs: http://www.drumarchive.com/Premier/
I have a bunch of 1980/81 brochures from Premier. The closest example I have is the Black shadow kit. Your drums have the same lugs on the bass and toms. The elite and Soundwave have a different lug. I don't have a projector series brochure. What is the finish? The Black Shadow was a resonator shell, which is a shell within a shell. I don't think ours have this. You have reinforcing rings. Love those lugs though. :)

Thanks guys.
I will have a look at a few of them catalogs when I get some time.
I'm pretty shure the rack tom is actually 13x12 though after looking at some similar kits.
And yh they have all got reinforcement rings. I'm pretty shure the finish is not the original though as there are holes under the wrap. I'm not really shure what they were for though.

Back