Knee Scope

2bsticks

Platinum Member
Hi All,

I am going under the knife this Thursday to repair a torn miniscus in my left knee (hi-hat) Anyone here have this done and how long were you out of drumming action. The procedure is scheduled for October 21 and my next gig is October 30th! Will I make it? I hope.

Will it be arthroscopic surgery? This is less invasive obviously.

Yes, I was told that I ma be able to leave without crutches but more than likely no!

I know nothing of this procedure. All I can do is wish you luck. Surgeons are very advanced these days. I am sure you will be fine. Get well soon.

Thanks for the updates and the get well wishes. I don't know how I did it? I can still play drums, it's when I walk and turn a certain way that it bothers me. I won't make that mistake again, excercise :)

Real fun getting old, a laugh a minute :)

i hate to be last minute, but did you get a second opinion ? case in point, i had a meniscus tear (bucket-handle type) from an MMA competition (noobie w/ an illegal leg submission, no time to tap). i think about a 2 on a scale from 1 to 5 (worst). but bad enough where i could not straighten my leg for months & could not complete an MRI until the 3rd attempt. it was too painful to keep my leg "straight" that long & it would spasm & jerk, bad MRI pics, etc. even so, i never missed a gig but definitely some pain after the gig when things would cool down.

my case was a "maybe" & the doctor (http://www.resurgens.com/) said i did not 100% need surgery. some other guys said i should do the surgery & get back to full function faster. i decided to let me body heal it. i did NOT opt for surgery & glad i did not after some new research about the arthroscopic & long-term arthritic issues. basically, the procedure i was initially shown cuts / removes the torn piece & apparently this does not grow back, leads to arthritis later in life.

anyhow, i feel 99% recovered w/ no surgery, good diet & exercise.

Good luck with that.

Sorry, I have no experience with this type of thing.

Keep us updated. I'm sure many of us would like to know how it goes just in case it happens to one of us!.

i hate to be last minute, but did you get a second opinion ? case in point, i had a meniscus tear (bucket-handle type) from an MMA competition (noobie w/ an illegal leg submission, no time to tap). i think about a 2 on a scale from 1 to 5 (worst). but bad enough where i could not straighten my leg for months & could not complete an MRI until the 3rd attempt. it was too painful to keep my leg "straight" that long & it would spasm & jerk, bad MRI pics, etc. even so, i never missed a gig but definitely some pain after the gig when things would cool down.

my case was a "maybe" & the doctor (http://www.resurgens.com/) said i did not 100% need surgery. some other guys said i should do the surgery & get back to full function faster. i decided to let me body heal it. i did NOT opt for surgery & glad i did not after some new research about the arthroscopic & long-term arthritic issues. basically, the procedure i was initially shown cuts / removes the torn piece & apparently this does not grow back, leads to arthritis later in life.

anyhow, i feel 99% recovered w/ no surgery, good diet & exercise.

Hi,
I did have it x-rays done twice from two different hospitals. I also had an MRI done and that is where they saw the tear. I first noticed it around June but it was not too bad but over time it just got worse. I do need to loose some tonage, I'm sure that will also help. Thanks again everyone. I will follow up after my surgery. I just hope I can type after taking the vicodon.

Back