DrumPants

rdb

Just came across this. DrumPants. I think that there are other things somewhat like it, but this seems pretty cool and well executed. By the way, I'm not in any way affiliated (though I did just contribute to their Kickstarter campaign).

Kinda freaky. Not for me, but I'm sure there are those who would love them. I need sticks to express myself. I can't do a shoulder spank on my ride with my hands. And don't even ask me to play the congas or bongos. Although I think congas would make excellent tom replacements.

If you are supposed to put one sensor down each pant leg, guess where the control knob goes! You will appear to be playing with yourself while playing with yourself! Hahahahahahaha.....

Lol Insane...They should make a face mask that you hit. Then it would look like you're slapping yourself lol.

Imagine what it would sound like if you were getting your ass beat with something like this on. They could get really creative, kick someones butt and entertain the crowd with a drumsolo. That would save so much time! Lol.

I could see singers using it to accent stuff.

Really, why stop at pants. We could have drum sound infused clothing with silent feature for practicing anywhere. In a style for every taste.

I'd do that.

NOT!

Looks like you can put those sensors in any number of different places. Looks pretty well designed and thought out.

This is a Saturday Night Live commercial right...(full sarcasm mode)

And the youtube video is a farce because the little speakers that clip on the belt...even if there is a little sub in that package, will not reproduce a kick drum at 63Hz with a body baffle into an ambient surrounding, Those are directly recorded sampled sounds

Framp!

So, would you need a big old booty to get Bonham's bass drum sound? Most guys would only be able to imitate a 18" bass. Who comees up with this stuff?

Larry ... "this post has been deleted by Bernhard" LOL ... what have you been up to? :)

When I get home on the PC I will look at those videos. In a way it seems goofy but it also makes sense - how many drummers are, or have been, chronic thigh slappers? I imagine half this forum would just about qualify for an honorary pair of lederhosen!

In 20 years time these things will most likely be nano size implanted by injection with world class sound (including ride cymbal accents). No more lugging! ;)

Larry ... "this post has been deleted by Bernhard" LOL ... what have you been up to? :)
Just for info: Basswood created a new thread on DrumPants while we already had a previously existing one. I (using Bernhard's login for some administrative purposes) moved the posts from that new thread to the existing thread (first had to find the previous thread which took a few minutes). Now in that new thread Larry had submitted a post but deleted it afterwards. So I didn't move that deleted post. When I moved the other posts that deleted one remained the only post in the new thread and was automatically undeleted by the system. To 'restore' the deleted status of Larry's post I moved that post into the previous thread, then deleted it, then deleted the new/obsolete thread. Sounds complicated but it's pure logic behind it ;-)

Those are directly recorded sampled sounds
Yes, execution is floored, but the concept has merit IMHO. It has no appeal for me, but count me in as a thigh slapper (just ask my wife!). Somehow, when I tap on stuff/slap my thighs, etc, my brain converts my benign impacts into kit/percussion sounds. As I'm the only intended "audience", that's good enough for me.

Anyhow, I already have my travelling kit :)

Attachments

• audi-a6-saloon-2-7-tdi-quattro-le-mans-4dr-tip-auto-0300ec5aa0fe63d5443460fc19424862-640x480.jpg
    audi-a6-saloon-2-7-tdi-quattro-le-mans-4dr-tip-auto-0300ec5aa0fe63d5443460fc19424862-640x480.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 150
Yes, execution is floored, but the concept has merit IMHO. It has no appeal for me, but count me in as a thigh slapper (just ask my wife!). Somehow, when I tap on stuff/slap my thighs, etc, my brain converts my benign impacts into kit/percussion sounds. As I'm the only intended "audience", that's good enough for me.

Anyhow, I already have my travelling kit :)

Lol....very good. So true! Nice car too, septin' the steering wheel bein' on the wrong side and all ;-)

Just for info: Basswood created a new thread on DrumPants while we already had a previously existing one.)

Sorry bout that, won't happen again. I admit, I didn't search for an existing one.

Happy new year everybody : )

No prob. This can and does happen.
The mods would usually tend to merge those threads as they're exactly about the very same topic.

Back