Boss DB-30 Metronome: high pitched!

yammieoaks

I cannot figure out how to make the beeping tone lower.

To listen to this metronome with iso headphones is PAINFUL because the pitch is sooo high.

The instructions only explain how to change the reference pitch, but not the actual beep pitch when it's playing.

Any advice?

Unlike the higher end models I don't think you can change the pitch on the 30. I've never figured it out and it's my go-to metronome. The only thing I've noticed is that the volume is pretty sensitive - there's a very narrow range between "inaudible" and "ears bleeding" where it's tolerable - see if you can find that, perhaps?

If the pitch itself at any volume is a showstopper, I don't think there's much you can do.

Unlike the higher end models I don't think you can change the pitch on the 30. I've never figured it out and it's my go-to metronome. The only thing I've noticed is that the volume is pretty sensitive - there's a very narrow range between "inaudible" and "ears bleeding" where it's tolerable - see if you can find that, perhaps?

If the pitch itself at any volume is a showstopper, I don't think there's much you can do.
thanx, guess it's time to buy a new metronome;)

Back