Tim Waterson Here!

Tim Waterson

WFD ACEDRUMMER
Hello DRUMMERWORLD drummers and thanks to Bernhard for such a GREAT site.

For the drummers who dont know anything about me except WFD stuff.
I am about MUSIC,DRUMS AND DRUMMING...................

"Just don't get me started talking about drums or I will NEVER shut up" .LOL

click on www.judesanpedro.com and the intro clip is the type of music I end up playing to pay the rent..

To make a living playing music here you need to play more COUNTRY as you go North and as you go down south you get to play more Blues and Rock...
There are more ROCK sound clips from Judea s cd at myspace.com/judeathevoice

I created the WORLD record for the feet to promote a drum association I started in Edmonton..I got a lot of flack on how sloppy the record was well I was just tryimng to finish 60 seconds without falling on the floor.....LOL
I did post a fairly clean clip at you tube of 1057 in singles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPgWjA62ORc
Enough about the Wfd stuff.

The majority of videos i have posted were in response to drummers asking about techniques and I will continue to do so WHEN I get my NEW drums..... .

I have spent quite a while working on the new bassdrum techniques,motions and applications dvd to make sure I covered all the basses no pun intended....LOL
rather than try to promote the dvd you can just read the review and see comments from the Pros at www.twothreeonetwomusic.com

I posted clips from 4 different bands at www.myspace.com/timwaterson for drummers who wanted to hear me playing with the bands.
see I told you I talk a LOT when I get started on drums and drumming and drums and drumming.....LOL LOL!
God Bless
Tim
Axis Ambassador..
www.timwaterson.net

A big mistake that is too often made about Tim is that he is all speed and nothing else. Yes, he does hold world records for his speed, but he'll be the first to tell you that speed alone means nothing. Do yourself a favor and listen to him play!! He has speed, chops, and musicality, and he's a great teacher. And a heck of a great guy!

A big mistake that is too often made about Tim is that he is all speed and nothing else. Yes, he does hold world records for his speed, but he'll be the first to tell you that speed alone means nothing. Do yourself a favor and listen to him play!! He has speed, chops, and musicality, and he's a great teacher. And a heck of a great guy!

I completley agree, i have been through most if not all of his youtube videos, and does great explanations. I have definiltey some cool ideas because of his videos. He is not only wicked fast, but a great player, and great guy.

Thanks ThomasDB
You are right the WFD thing is a double edge sword.
Unfortunately doing WFD all these years people just want to see my break records and the WFD was pushing that as well
I told DRUMMERES when I could do it clean I would and so thats why i put it on the DVD..
we have been bugging the WFD to let us show how to apply speed on the drums and show musical applications but only JR and Mike Mangini were allowed to perform.

I have always said being the fastest does not make me any better than someone who is slower it just makes my JOB playing Music much easier at normal tempos...LOL

I am going to be doing clinics promting the new dvd and one entire section is dedicated to Accuracy VS Speed.
No sense being able to hit 1057 if you cant play at 260 and no sense being able to hit 1000 if you cant play at 800 and so on......
Thanks for the support
Tim

I completley agree, i have been through most if not all of his youtube videos, and does great explanations. I have definiltey some cool ideas because of his videos. He is not only wicked fast, but a great player, and great guy.
Glad you are getting something good from the videos.
that is the reason I post them to help drummers with their technique..
If i can help one drummer then I am happy.

hey bud i apreciate all the vids and what not. its allways cool to have a kick ass drummer help you out. thanks alot and good luck bro

Hi Tim,
It sounds like you are very busy so I will try to keep this as short as possible. I've been playing drums now for about 32 years, I have always been a single bass player but I am wanting to get into double bass to try to add more to my playing. I have talked to a lot of drummers about getting started with double bass, but you can never get a straight answer out of anyone.
A lot of guys say that you should put the pedal tension as high as it goes, some say you should sit real high, some drummers say sit low. I'm also trying to find out where is the best foot position, in the middle of the pedals, toward the top etc. If you could help me out here it would be greatly appreciated.
I'm also using a double bass pedal, should my feet be shoulder width apart or more or less? Do you think it's better to use two bass drums instead and can the double bass pedal? And one last question is it better to lift the knees when you play, therefore using the thigh muscle and calf or rely on the twitch muscles and tap the foot board with the ball of your foot using the quick ankle movement? I'm sorry for so many questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, good luck on your tour it sounds pretty cool.

Hi Tim,
It sounds like you are very busy so I will try to keep this as short as possible. I've been playing drums now for about 32 years, I have always been a single bass player but I am wanting to get into double bass to try to add more to my playing. I have talked to a lot of drummers about getting started with double bass, but you can never get a straight answer out of anyone.
A lot of guys say that you should put the pedal tension as high as it goes, some say you should sit real high, some drummers say sit low. I'm also trying to find out where is the best foot position, in the middle of the pedals, toward the top etc. If you could help me out here it would be greatly appreciated.
I'm also using a double bass pedal, should my feet be shoulder width apart or more or less? Do you think it's better to use two bass drums instead and can the double bass pedal? And one last question is it better to lift the knees when you play, therefore using the thigh muscle and calf or rely on the twitch muscles and tap the foot board with the ball of your foot using the quick ankle movement? I'm sorry for so many questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, good luck on your tour it sounds pretty cool.

We have a break this week
I explain in detail setting up for posture in my DVD.
but you need to center your balance.
2 bass drums sound better and havr more musical possibilities and except for AXIS I hate most double pedals.LOL
heres a preview
Tim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIFXqpnQ5PY

Hi Tim!
Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to respond to my many questions. I'm sorry I had so many questions, your clip was very helpful. What tension do you prefer on your pedals? I will definately get your DVD, thanks again!
pcmckay

Hi Tim!
Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to respond to my many questions. I'm sorry I had so many questions, your clip was very helpful. What tension do you prefer on your pedals? I will definately get your DVD, thanks again!
pcmckay
I have 3 double pedals all set differnt tensions.
I dont want to rely on any setting I want to be able to play on any pedal with any tension setting
but overall playing i prefer a medium loose tension for control and power.
For the WFD stuff my pedals were tight but now I can go even faster with a loose tension
Tim
Tim

Hey Tim!!

Just thought I would drop by and say how much I've enjoyed your videos/tutorials throughout the years. And I do have a question for you.

I recently ordered Axis A Longboard double pedal. I have been using an Iron Cobra Double Pedal for about 6 years. The pedal hasn't been in my possession the whole time and has taken some really rough treatment and has been in some bad conditions. The springs are now rusted, and are on the default settings (loose) and are unadjustable. Also, the chains on the pedals are rusted as well as most of the other hardware. I've been saving up instead of trying to fix up the dying pedal.

I can do single strokes 16ths at about 180 pretty comfortably. I've also been trying to learn the heel-toe technique through various videos, tutorials (including your own- with the heel slam making the double), and I can't get it to work. I was wondering if it's just me or if it could just be the pedal (due to it's condition). I'm really excited about getting my new pedals in, but it'll be a couple of weeks. What do you think? (sorry for the long post)

Hey Tim!!

Just thought I would drop by and say how much I've enjoyed your videos/tutorials throughout the years. And I do have a question for you.

I recently ordered Axis A Longboard double pedal. I have been using an Iron Cobra Double Pedal for about 6 years. The pedal hasn't been in my possession the whole time and has taken some really rough treatment and has been in some bad conditions. The springs are now rusted, and are on the default settings (loose) and are unadjustable. Also, the chains on the pedals are rusted as well as most of the other hardware. I've been saving up instead of trying to fix up the dying pedal.

I can do single strokes 16ths at about 180 pretty comfortably. I've also been trying to learn the heel-toe technique through various videos, tutorials (including your own- with the heel slam making the double), and I can't get it to work. I was wondering if it's just me or if it could just be the pedal (due to it's condition). I'm really excited about getting my new pedals in, but it'll be a couple of weeks. What do you think? (sorry for the long post)
First of all I NEVER slam my foot into the pedal I just let the heel drop naturally.
try oiling the springs LOL
Tim

I didnt actually meant that you "slam" it, thats just the way I said it. I can tell that you let your foot fall naturally. Is that a pretty easy motion or does it take some time to master?

TIm

Love the DVD! It's really helped by accuracy and strength on the bass drum...What type of beaters do you use on a regular basis, wood , felt, ??

Jason

TIm

Love the DVD! It's really helped by accuracy and strength on the bass drum...What type of beaters do you use on a regular basis, wood , felt, ??

Jason
Jason glad the dvd is helping you because that why i put it out to help drummers
I use the sonic hammers for overall playing but for extreme speed and more rudimental patterns i alternate between the wood beaters and the axis marksman smaller but a bit quicker response of the bassdrum head.
Tim

Back