Footboard Angle for Pearl Emlininator

MisterZero

Ok, I did a search, and I mean of the whole planet via Google, and came away with nothing. Question: How the heck do I change the footboard angle of the master pedal on a Pearl Eliminator? It doesn't appear possible. I 've looked at it, changed cam colors, and still no luck. Can it be done? All I want is when the beater strikes the bass drum, my pedal to be at a 45 degree angle, and not almost to the floor......Any of you guys able to do this?

Ya, Thanks, Konaboy. But that thread goes off on a tangent and talks about the colored cams. Close,though. Do yuo play elims? Have you ever tried to adjust the footboard angle?

Ya, Thanks, Konaboy. But that thread goes off on a tangent and talks about the colored cams. Close,though. Do yuo play elims? Have you ever tried to adjust the footboard angle?

It does go off on a tangent about the cams but before that it mentions this

"There are different threaded holes where the chain (or strap) screw on to the metal beater holder (past the plastic cam). Make sure your chain is screwed in to the farthest hole. Those holes are used to raise or lower the footboard without changing the distance the beater is from the head."

I just found a copy of the Eliminator manual online and it says the exact same thing as above. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...a7iTu51rz9mReRA&bvm=bv.57155469,d.cGU&cad=rja

No I don't play elims, yamaha and DW for me. Just trying to help

When I had mine, I had to cut a link out of the chain, I just couldn't get the pedal in the position I wanted.
Eventually just traded it in for an Iron Cobra, which I am very happy with.

I haven't owned Elims in a few years, but if I remember correctly, you can change the chain length at the footboard. There should be 2 Allen screws that holds the chain to a mount that attaches to the footboard. If you remove the Allen screws, you can shorten the chain length without cutting any links.

Thanks guys. Ya, Konaboy, you were right, I must've sped read thru it. And, thanks, Mrlnsane, I will try that. I bought these cheap via Craigslist years ago and they play great. I just wanted to try something different, but couldn't easily. I play Tama Iron Cobra on my Grestch kit, and they're wayy easier to adjust. Love 'em. But, you guys are right, if the chain is shortened, that would solve my problem. Thanks again all...

Holy cow. I just read the thread again. Konaboy, I'm sorry,I didn't mean anythign by the statement "Do you play Elims...", It just dawned on me when you replied " just trying to help..." The written word is difficult to decipher. There's no emotion in it. Sorry if I made youthink I was being short.

The angle of the footboard can't be separately adjusted from the beater angle.

I adjusted mine by taking out the screws (at the front of the footboard) and moving the chain up a couple notches, and putting them back in.
I talked about doing this 4 or 5 years ago now, and I've had the pedals at least 10 years and no issues from doing it.

I also adjusted the straps that I've been using for the last year or so now, by cutting them, and re-attaching the little screw on part. I shortened the strap by the length of the metal piece--it's maybe a half inch. I think it was the piece at the top of the strap (not n front of me).

Moving the chain up works though.
Good luck!

Thanks, Karl. I'll give it a go. thanks, Kona for finding that manual.

Back