The UnReel Drum Book Advices

Hi Hercraft,

I've got this book too, I think the warm up exercises are very good and I am working with the scales. I can't imagine when I'm going to tackle the transcriptions! .

This book is advanced (for me that is - I'll bet there are posters here who can nail this stuff on sight). Another you might like is Steve Fydik's book on Big Band Charts.

Happy practicing!

Thank you very much!

Any comments Vinnies funs?? LOL

Yeah, I had to back up and start with the 4 Gary Chaffee books, the "Patterns" series. They're all great, but there's one that deals with odd groupings like 5s and 7s in a way that's manageable, and it's helped alot.

These odd groupings are where Vinnie kills all other drummers! He'll sneak them in so that you think you still have the pulse, but you don't. He's the most challenging drummer to listen to, for me.

Yeah, I had to back up and start with the 4 Gary Chaffee books, the "Patterns" series. They're all great, but there's one that deals with odd groupings like 5s and 7s in a way that's manageable, and it's helped alot.

These odd groupings are where Vinnie kills all other drummers! He'll sneak them in so that you think you still have the pulse, but you don't. He's the most challenging drummer to listen to, for me.

Absolutely Right!

And very good recomendation about the Chafees books. I will dig into those again :- )

Thank you!

Back