The A's are HERE!

805Drummer

Gold Member
Here they are, guys! My Zildjian A's just came in the mail!

14" Zildjian New Beat hi hats
16" Zildjian A Medium Thin crash
18" Zildjian A Medium Thin crash
20" Zildjian A Medium ride

Yay!

I don't even think I need to type anything else...I'll post a video hopefully by the end of the day.

Enjoy!

PIC_1940-1.jpg

PIC_1943.jpg

PIC_1945.jpg

PIC_1947.jpg

PIC_1952.jpg

PIC_1954.jpg

PIC_1956.jpg

PIC_1964.jpg

PIC_1967.jpg

PIC_1972.jpg

I think I have to get used to the sound...they sound and feel MUCH different.

wow..nice 805!!

you've got a really, really nice collection..

the kit looks really nice with all the cymbals set up and everything..

congrats once agian and good job! =)

your using the 24" agian? awesome!

lol

Alex

Thanks! Right now I'm kind of in the stage of admiring it, and although I can admit I didn't like how they sound at first, it's really starting to grow on me.

And I have VERY GOOD NEWS about the 24" bass drum! Well, first of all, I sold the Pearl Export toms and bass for $140 (back to the place I bought it from, they take lifetime returns for 70% of original cost.)

But the good news is that last night I ordered a 24" Superkick II for it! And to top that off, since my rack tom sounded really good with the Performance II as the reso and the Pinstripe as the batter, I ordered an Ebony Pinstripe for my floor tom! Now, the Performance II on the floor tom sounds SUPER dead compared to the other drums.

that kit looks like a lot of fun to play nice setup, and my favorite 1 up 2 down, congrats on the cymbals arrival, i just bought a 18 medium thin Zildjian A crash, there real nice cymbals.

if it sounds dead, with the performance II as the batter don't put it on the reso side because that is going to make the drum sound even more dead, because you are going to have to hit harder to get the reso side to actually respond...

if it sounds dead, with the performance II as the batter don't put it on the reso side because that is going to make the drum sound even more dead, because you are going to have to hit harder to get the reso side to actually respond...

Eventually I'll buy new 1-ply reso heads, but for now, the tom sounds very good with the Ebony Pinstripe/Performance II combo. I have the reso tuned very high, and the batter tuned in between medium and low-pitched. I discovered a few weeks ago that that tuning makes it very deep and punchy, which I like.

Congrats on the new cymbals. One suggestion: Try just using just the pro cymbals for a little while and take down the Pst's and Zxt's ect. and see how that works for you. I wouldn't dilute the quality of your kit by including the lesser cymbals.

Wayne

Thank you.

I'll try it, but to be honest, I still like the sound of my PST ride. It just sounds very warm and musical, as opposed to the A ride, which still sounds very good, but completely different.

And also, it's a ZXT splash, not ZBT. But I took that off of the ride, because it was causing keyholing (it already has hairline keyholes--probably because I used to use it as a crash before I knew any better).

Now it's just a ride. Which I'll take off. I plan to replace it with a PST 5 china (16" or 18," I can't decide yet).

I plan to replace it with a PST 5 china (16" or 18," I can't decide yet).

If I were you I would get something Zildjian. With a predominately Zildjian set up, it will sound better together.

Congrats on the new cymbals. One suggestion: Try just using just the pro cymbals for a little while and take down the Pst's and Zxt's ect. and see how that works for you. I wouldn't dilute the quality of your kit by including the lesser cymbals.

Wayne

If I were you I would get something Zildjian. With a predominately Zildjian set up, it will sound better together.

What would be the Zildjian equivalent of it? Because I've been listening to the sound file on Paiste's website of it (http://www.paiste.com/e/cymbals.php?category=4&family=11&action=category&menuid=284) and it just sounds like my ideal china. Everything about it sounds perfect.

Give yourself some time to get used to the Zildjian A's. You may find yourself reconsidering on buying another PST.

Wayne

Thank you.

I'll try it, but to be honest, I still like the sound of my PST ride. It just sounds very warm and musical, as opposed to the A ride, which still sounds very good, but completely different.

And also, it's a ZXT splash, not ZBT. But I took that off of the ride, because it was causing keyholing (it already has hairline keyholes--probably because I used to use it as a crash before I knew any better).

Now it's just a ride. Which I'll take off. I plan to replace it with a PST 5 china (16" or 18," I can't decide yet).

Give yourself some time to get used to the Zildjian A's. You may find yourself reconsidering on buying another PST.

Wayne

I know I should buy more pro cymbals, but I've always felt that for special effects cymbals, it doesn't really matter what you buy as long as you like the sound of it. I don't mind getting a used pro china, but which one will sound like the PST? Because if I'm just getting a pro one that sounds like a beginner/intermediate one for the name, that doesn't even make sense. It would be cheaper to get the PST as well. So why shouldn't I?

I'm not saying that you definately shouldn't. Why not give yourself some time to get used to the new cymbals. What's the rush?

b.t.w. I find it helpful to choose cymbals in context with what I already own rather than isolated sound files. I like to play a new cymbal with my existing ones to see how the fit is. That's why I keep saying to take some time to get used to the new cymbals. You may find that you change your mind on what the ideal complement sounds like.

Wayne

I know I should buy more pro cymbals, but I've always felt that for special effects cymbals, it doesn't really matter what you buy as long as you like the sound of it. I don't mind getting a used pro china, but which one will sound like the PST? Because if I'm just getting a pro one that sounds like a beginner/intermediate one for the name, that doesn't even make sense. It would be cheaper to get the PST as well. So why shouldn't I?

Nice cymbals, man!! re: your china, you should check out Wuhans, they're among the cheapest, yet they're the best sounding china cymbals you can buy. Only knock on them is their durability.

Nice cymbals, man!! re: your china, you should check out Wuhans, they're among the cheapest, yet they're the best sounding china cymbals you can buy. Only knock on them is their durability.

You know, maybe I'll just go for one of those. I've heard good things about them, and I have *decent* technique.

For almost $40 cheaper, maybe it's worth it. I'm not buying it now (I'm saving up for a Flip Mino HD and an iPod Touch), but it's something that I'll want to get eventually.

Nice cymbals I am certain you will enjoy them a TON

Awesome man, good job. As for the zildjian sound, they will continue to grow on you, and as the cymbals get older, they will darken and mellow in sound and sound even better.

As for the china's, In your quest, check out the Wuhan Black ones. I played a couple over the weekend and they sound good, and Look really cool. and for that matter Zildjian makes a black china now too, and it sounds ok as well.

Back