Kits that come standard with 20" Kick

Monsieur

I'm looking for an intermidiate level kit. I really want it to have a 20" kick drum. If it doesn't it's kind of a deal breaker for me. I really don't want hyper/ short toms. I played them didn't like the sound or the look.

The only ones I found were the Yamaha Stage custom and the Pearl Vision. Neither are really what i want.

Any recommendations would be great.
Thanks

Tama Silverstars also have available 20" bass drums. They're 100% birch shells, although 1.6mm rims.

Dennis

If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong with the Yamaha Stage Customs?
I've got and old set of Stage Custom Advantages, they look great, and tune up fine (I always have a bit of trouble with the 12" but I swear the other drums are magic...).

Mr. L i don't have anything against them. I just want a maple kit. The Stage Customs aren't maple and therefore don't meet my wishes for a kit. Thats all.

I looked at the sonors and silverstars. Both seem nice. Im just wondering if there is anything else.

Well, to each his own.
I do want a Ludwig Legacy...maybe some day...

Mapex has the Meridian Maple series with a 5 pc. "jazz" configuration. It's a 20" bass drum, 10 & 12" toms and a 14" floor tom. I had the same kit from thier Pro M line and it was a great kit.

I think every Ludwig kit can be ordered with a 20". My shop of choice has had CMs, Accents, and Epic kits with 20" kicks.

Some custom drum makers swear there is so little difference in sound between birch and maple that you should choose whatever is cheapest.

You need to play them but don't rule out birch.

Davo

Well, to each his own.
I do want a Ludwig Legacy...maybe some day...

I wanted a Legacy kit too, Ordered one in Feb. arrived Fri.
20,12,14,14sn
BTW- there a plenty of choices for kits with a 20" kick

Attachments

• DSC03873A.jpg
    DSC03873A.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC03865A.jpg
    DSC03865A.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 136
I wanted a Legacy kit too, Ordered one in Feb. arrived Fri.
20,12,14,14sn
BTW- there a plenty of choices for kits with a 20" kick

No way... My lord, a red sparkle legacy!
That is my absolute favourite color of drums!
And while those aern't the sizes I'd get, (13,16,24) I must say, that is probably the single most gorgeous kit I've seen on DW. Thank you for sharing those pictures!

Back