Drumming accessoire; wristband

Twisted03

Hello Drummerworld forums,
I have a project in school in which I'm supposed to design a technical solution to a problem, do some market research on the item and look at a lifecycle analysis of the item.

What I've come up with is a wristband that's supposed to keep your drumstick from flying far away if you slip or accidentally hit the stick or whatever. This means it's not going to prevent actually dropping the stick but just keeping it from flying far away.
It's a slight problem I've been having lately as I don't really have a second pair of sticks close enough to switch fast.

Anyway for the market research part of my project I've made a short survey with 6 questions in it and it would help me a lot if you'd answer it, even if you think it's the worst idea ever!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HDPF5JF

The thank you page after you finish the questionnaire is in Swedish (not German).

Google translator tells me that it says "Thank you for filling in the questionnaire" plus some promotional SurveyMonkey stuff, inviting you to start your own survey.

The thank you page after you finish the questionnaire is in Swedish (not German).

Google translator tells me that it says "Thank you for filling in the questionnaire" plus some promotional SurveyMonkey stuff, inviting you to start your own survey.

Haha. Sorry about that. I feel silly.

I answered the survey.

As for a wristband solution; I definitely wouldn't want something that attaches the stick to my hand in any way. I break sticks far more often than I drop them, and the last thing I'd want is to have a broken stick dangling from my wrist with no quick way of getting rid of it. My solution to broken or dropped sticks is simply to have spare sticks available on both sides of my kit so that both hands have fresh sticks readily available.

there is already a product out there kind of like what you're talking about. i don't know the name of it but i see it advertised in the back of modern drummer magazine. it's a little rubber strap that attaches to your stick and loops around your ring finger, i think.

Oooh yeah that, I'm swedish and registered the survey on the swedish version I guess... I hope it didn't cause any problems...

I answered the survey.

As for a wristband solution; I definitely wouldn't want something that attaches the stick to my hand in any way. I break sticks far more often than I drop them, and the last thing I'd want is to have a broken stick dangling from my wrist with no quick way of getting rid of it. My solution to broken or dropped sticks is simply to have spare sticks available on both sides of my kit so that both hands have fresh sticks readily available.

Thank you. :)
Hm yeah, I have an electronic kit so that's never been a problem for me... I might try to think of a way of getting rid of the broken stick easily but we'll see, I'm only really going to produce one item so if it's too much trouble I can't justify spending too much time on it.

there is already a product out there kind of like what you're talking about. i don't know the name of it but i see it advertised in the back of modern drummer magazine. it's a little rubber strap that attaches to your stick and loops around your ring finger, i think.

Hmm, I was thinking of it being a wristband of leather with a string attached to the stick, I hope it isn't too similiar to what you're talking about...

Back