# of gigs in 2013?

Given what's going for a gig in the thread here, (basically getting compensated for playing out?)... Then I think I'm in the 55-60ish range for 2013...

Wish it could be more. Ironically, the stuff that's easy for me, like fixing corporate computers and networks, pays far more than the stuff that challenges me both body and mind; music.

Id guess only around 25. When I was playing guitar and in a cover band (drums in an original band now), I was probably playing around 80 or so.

I dont have that kind of time now, but id really like to play more than 25.

As a new band, we started in March and didn't play ANY in December. In those 9 months we did 17 paid gigs plus 2 charity gigs. WAY more than I figured we'd get as new musicians on the scene so I'm very happy with that!

ZERO! a big fat goose egg. I think for the first time in my life I was not in a gigging band of some form or another. I built two bands from the ground up and recorded an album, but as far as gigs go; Zilch.

5-6, but as a bassist (played guitar also on one of those gigs - and probably not too bad as I started gigging 1.5 yrs ago).
Zero as a drummer but this might change some day. I guess it'll be around 10 gigs this year.

I did 53 paid gigs with my band (7 pce RnB / Soul Covers) in 2013, about 10 less than 2012.

We have regular public gigs (2 or 3 times a year) at 8 bar / club venues in our area. The rest of the gigs are corporate / wedding stuff.

61 live gigs , 68 record dates , and 20 paid rehearsals in Los Angeles for a project that I'm not even sure will ever come to fruition

my slowest year in nearly 20 years because my daughter was born

...and those rehearsals paid more than half of the live gigs I played :)

I had 96 paid gigs last year. We only take off two weekend nights per month plus the occasional event gig.

Only a handful. 5 or 6 I think. Hopefully 2014 will be busier for me. My first gig of the year is this Thursday.

I would estimate right around 50 give or take a few. As far as I remember only 1 wasn't paid (unless you count free food and beer) and it was for a friends birthday party.

Even a non-paying gig is a gig. If your group has been invited to play somewhere, in front of an audience of any kind, and the performance is advertised in any manner... it's considered a gig, whether paid or not.

A jam is considerably more of a casual scene, so I draw the line there, unless I'm hosting. :)

There's one gig a year I do for free, the Elvis Birthday Bash in L.A., which features a few dozen bands doing 2 Elvis songs each. The kit - and some menial refreshments - are provided, and there are some great players & bands that come down. But that's more of a party than anything, and less-menial beverages can be purchased at the bar. :)

Still, the bands are billed, and the event advertised... so it's a gig.

Bermuda

Back