Share your art.....

I'm the same, it's nearly always on 100. I just wish it was less grainy at 1600..it would make things a bit more easier sometimes (especially if you have no tripod with you!). I want the black black! and not a noisy mess. I'm sure my technique will improve...only been doing it 3 months :-D

Time to get a nice tripod, and maybe get into lighting too. Especially once you have that macro lens.

I had been shopping for a macro and decided that I do macro so seldom that it's cheaper and easier to just get a Canon G12 which has a macro mode and does it pretty dang good. Might be funner that way ;)

self1.jpg

sunsetscape.jpg

roseholder.jpg

fractal.jpg

chalklights.jpg

ballerina.jpg

tomatotornado.jpg

Time to get a nice tripod, and maybe get into lighting too. Especially once you have that macro lens.

I had been shopping for a macro and decided that I do macro so seldom that it's cheaper and easier to just get a Canon G12 which has a macro mode and does it pretty dang good. Might be funner that way ;)

I do have a tripod but it such a pain to lug about. Might get one of those Gorilla pod grip things.

I'm always doing macro...the closer the better. I should improve my landscapes though hehe!

Might look into a Sigman or Tamron...they're a little easier on the monies! Because for the price on a Canon one I could buy the drum kit that is second place in my dreams! :-D

I think this is the "tidiest" thing I've done. What do you think?

I like it - really enjoy the design sensibility behind it. If you wanted to goose it up a bit you could have just one small vivid splash of colour in a strategic spot ... a la Sin City.

This is my tidiest, going for that Japanese minimalist vibe:

stork.jpg

I like it - really enjoy the design sensibility behind it. If you wanted to goose it up a bit you could have just one small vivid splash of colour in a strategic spot.

This is my tidiest, going for that Japanese minimalist vibe:

stork.jpg

Thanks :-D I never thought to add colour...could be a good idea. But, it's probably in the realms of Photoshop which I haven't figured out yet...

Yours is cool, almost like a painting or drawing or something :)

Thanks :-D I never thought to add colour...could be a good idea. But, it's probably in the realms of Photoshop which I haven't figured out yet...

Yours is cool, almost like a painting or drawing or something :)

Just a tiny, vivid splash of colour in a B&W can be striking. Photoshop is great. I was lucky because an ex taught me a long time ago (back when we had Photoshop 3) ... see if you can get a friend to show you the basics and then it's trial and error (and the Help file and Google).

Wow! So much incredible work. Kudos to all my fellow percussionist / artist friends.

Here's some of my paintings, drawings, etc:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2444152471660.2143395.1487310816&type=1&l=f192815fa4

Rock On!

MT

Nice rhythm, Tomano. Reminds me of Thaard's images. I thought I saw a drawing of Ian Paice ...

I do have a tripod but it such a pain to lug about. Might get one of those Gorilla pod grip things.

I'm always doing macro...the closer the better. I should improve my landscapes though hehe!

Might look into a Sigman or Tamron...they're a little easier on the monies! Because for the price on a Canon one I could buy the drum kit that is second place in my dreams! :-D

Oh I don't know about that. You can get the Canon 100mm macro for $575- not quite an additional drum kit. Sigma and Tamron's are OK, but if you're really into it, you might as well get the one you know will work the best!

Diggin the minimalism vein in the thread here. I love good use of space.

410045357_1e639ccdff.jpg

322881545_fc564c52d8.jpg

453238332_30612f6daf.jpg

Oh I don't know about that. You can get the Canon 100mm macro for $575- not quite an additional drum kit. Sigma and Tamron's are OK, but if you're really into it, you might as well get the one you know will work the best!

Oo just found a 50mm Canon macro for £239 which is about $383 not bad! 50mm is better than 1cm or something away from the object haha like I'm doing now!

Oo just found a 50mm Canon macro for £239 which is about $383 not bad! 50mm is better than 1cm or something away from the object haha like I'm doing now!

I saw that Canon 50mm. It only magnifies down to 1:2. If you want it to go to 1:1 you'll need the Canon extender which costs as much as the lens itself. That's why I think people should just jump to the 100mm, which does go down to 1:1.

Or, Sigma (if you have to) makes a nice 50mm that does 1:1, and those are fairly cheaper. I was considering that one too.

Hi guys

This is a drawning of my drums that I did on my computer using Microsoft Excel, I have used it for the picture in my signature on the forum...

Attachments

• Artstar II DW.jpg
    Artstar II DW.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 87
Or kit-builder which the program is also called..

Well not really... I'll explain:

The source of the images for the shells and cymbals are from DW's kit builder, you're right, but I downloaded them elements by elements, not as a whole kit, otherwise you cannot "move" the parts for futher use, they are PNG images, the Zildjian logo are PNG images too, the drum heads are from Remo web site. Both the Hi-hat, bass drum pedal and the K logo are my own design with excel. All these images are then put together on Excel were I'll arrange them carefully and then I add the shadows to create the 3D effect of the drawning, it is then copied & pasted in a photoshop software and then saved as a jpeg image. The Picture in my avatar is the same image with a black background.

Just a tiny, vivid splash of colour in a B&W can be striking. Photoshop is great. I was lucky because an ex taught me a long time ago (back when we had Photoshop 3) ... see if you can get a friend to show you the basics and then it's trial and error (and the Help file and Google).

Nice rhythm, Tomano. Reminds me of Thaard's images. I thought I saw a drawing of Ian Paice ...

Thanks for the compliments. Actually, that Ian Paice is Wavy Gravy! Ha-ha-ha!

Polly - I love Eagles since I was a child. My arms are tattooed with them!

Where I live every night there is a couple of big White Owls flying by my house...nicely inspiring! Also Goshawks, Hawks, Ospreys, Sparrowhawks are on my list. :)

Ian, I never picked you as an Eagles fan :)

Back