Pearl Reference/Masters Premium kit trade for my marimba?

I found a CL add with someone wanting to trade the following for a marimba:

Finish-Natural Maple #102
Pearl Reference Bass drum (virgin shell-no tom mount ) RF2016BB with original shipping box.
Pearl Masters Premium 8 x 12” tom mapleshell, (1208T) (6 ply) with Pearl Opti-Mount with hard case.
Pearl Masters Premium 16 x 13 tom mapleshell, (4 ply with reinforcing ring) with Pearl Opti-Mount with hard case.

I have a 1970s Yamaha 4.3 octave Honduran Rosewood marimba, serial #0006 in amazing condition that I no longer have a need for. I bought my marimba for $2500.

So, do you think the swap would be worthwhile? I'm leaning towards no, but I don't want to miss out on a great opportunity.

Thanks!

Check the pricing to replace both and then decide especially if there fairly close weighing in just which one you want more? Do the toms finish match the bass? I have seen some fairly low prices for reference kits new close to this price in a 4 piece on ebay I think.

I'd have to really really want the drums to swap that marimba.

As Harry said, keep leaning towards no.

I don't think I'd make that trade. Just doesn't sound very even to me! Sell the marimbas, then buy the drum gear you want!

.....or keep the marimba and take all the marimba gigs in town ;)

Haha, unfortunately I live in Denton, Texas, home of the University of North Texas. One, if not the best, music schools in the nation. So, there aren't many opportunities for someone outside of the program. I tried to sell my marimba before for what it's ACTUALLy worth opposed to what I bought it for and had little luck. Maybe I'll try again and, if someone takes it, be able to get a sweet custom set made by a noteworthy company. Not that Pearl's higher level drums aren't fantastic drums, but I would love a kit with an intriguing badge made to my exact specifications if I had the extra cash (;

Back