Pete Best and Beatles - I Am The Walrus

Poor Pete. Insult to injury. Kick a man when he's down. Funny? The funny part is offset by the poor taste. Now get off my lawn!

Poor Pete. Insult to injury. Kick a man when he's down. Funny? The funny part is offset by the poor taste. Now get off my lawn!

I agree with Larry. Really, what's the point of this?

It is like taking a video of Uncle Larry playing the drums with his band; then over dubbing his playing with the sound of digital drums.

Hummm. (interesting idea)

I agree with Larry. Really, what's the point of this?

It is like taking a video of Uncle Larry playing the drums with his band; then over dubbing his playing with the sound of digital drums.

Hummm. (interesting idea)

I saw what you did there lol. You continue to slay me Hollywood! Keep em coming! And BTW, I really like your avi with your Pop. Very classy and very classic.

I really need to record the e drum thing so I know how it sounded out front. I have to make that a priority.

Good to see you again, Doc! Someone did a pretty good job synching the loops with the tracks. They surely found the worst fill he ever played, looped for the world to hear over and over, poor bugger lol

Here's a real track of Pete not so long after Ringo was given the drum chair:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o31_NgPVMo

At that time the Beatles were playing Help so there's a fair gap in quality, though obviously without the same production budget and support team. Interestingly he has that same inbetween half-shuffle that Ringo has, though less solid, which I suppose is why he was sacked. It's a tough business that's broken many hearts.

I heard a quote from Pete saying that he believed everything turned out for the best and he's happier now than if he'd been a Beatle, which makes sense, given the crazy lives those guys lead.

Good to see you again, Doc! Someone did a pretty good job synching the loops with the tracks. They surely found the worst fill he ever played, looped for the world to hear over and over, poor bugger lol

Here's a real track of Pete not so long after Ringo was given the drum chair:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o31_NgPVMo

At that time the Beatles were playing Help so there's a fair gap in quality, though obviously without the same production budget and support team. Interestingly he has that same inbetween half-shuffle that Ringo has, though less solid, which I suppose is why he was sacked. It's a tough business that's broken many hearts.

I heard a quote from Pete saying that he believed everything turned out for the best and he's happier now than if he'd been a Beatle, which makes sense, given the crazy lives those guys lead.

yea...i've been in heavy Pete Best Mode lately. i thought the same thing about the loop situation. thank you so much for the Off The Hook track. i knew it by the Stones but never knew what it was called (or what they were saying). You Got The Hook is the best that i could make out. yup...that was a Holy Grail one right there. thanks again.

re: Pete...it must be nice to have a regular life and then get the rewards - IN RETROSPECT. i'm sure it wasn't much fun at the time with most of the pressure coming from friends and family as to Why ? and Ridicule and Dismay especially when he hasn't a clue himself. George has said that he lobbied to get Pete out. who knows.

Pete's doing fine these days though. there's clips of him being honored in South America and playing with his combo there. and along with Pete Shotten, he's starting to be included in the Go-To Merseybeat Interview Pool. which is more than Lord Woodbine or Vinny Ismail ever got.

here's my favorite Pete. nice piece of change came in for this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXsfza2EaEk
The Beatles - Cry For A Shadow

yea...i've been in heavy Pete Best Mode lately. i thought the same thing about the loop situation. thank you so much for the Off The Hook track. i knew it by the Stones but never knew what it was called (or what they were saying). You Got The Hook is the best that i could make out. yup...that was a Holy Grail one right there. thanks again.

re: Pete...it must be nice to have a regular life and then get the rewards - IN RETROSPECT. i'm sure it wasn't much fun at the time with most of the pressure coming from friends and family as to Why ? and Ridicule and Dismay especially when he hasn't a clue himself. George has said that he lobbied to get Pete out. who knows.

Pete's doing fine these days though. there's clips of him being honored in South America and playing with his c ombo there. and along with Pete Shotten, he's starting to be included in the Go-To Merseybeat Interview Pool. which is more than Lord Woodbine or Vinny Ismail ever got.

here's my favorite Pete. nice piece of change came in for this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXsfza2EaEk
The Beatles - Cry For A Shadow

I don't think I've heard of anyone having a Pete Best mode before :)

Nice track, Cry for a Shadow. Seems like a play on words re: The Shadows. My understanding is that Off the Hook is about phones :)

Pete had quite a few of his own groups - an ex-Beatle will never have trouble forming a band.

Those videos are really in bad taste.. kind of what a schoolyard bully would think of doing. The person that posted it probably has no talent and can only make themselves think their important by making other peoples lives miserable. I saw Pete Best's band play once and they sounded totally professional. The lame-ass attempt at humour - by making fun of someone abilities says more about the video poser. The person who faked the recordings (and poorly at that) should probably get a life..

Those videos are really in bad taste.. kind of what a schoolyard bully would think of doing. The person that posted it probably has no talent and can only make themselves think their important by making other peoples lives miserable. I saw Pete Best's band play once and they sounded totally professional. The lame-ass attempt at humour - by making fun of someone abilities says more about the video poser. The person who faked the recordings (and poorly at that) should probably get a life..

You must be a real blast at parties :D

I am getting a Not Available message. Were they taken down?

No

Back