dixon zombie kit in Frankfurt

Sammuel

has anyone seen the zombie kit from dixon in Frankfurt? my friend knows a guy from dixon and got a chance to play it. he said they display this kit in Frankfurt messe..I heard it is expensive, i though dixon was in a quite mid to entry level drum sets, they seem to have fancy sets coming out.

picture.php

picture.php

CUSTOM? you meant you can tell dixon what kind of painting you want on the shell, then they can make for you?

Dixon is under parent company Kaman along with Gretsch. The Renown is actually the same drum as the Dixon maple line (minus hoops, and diff finishes), as far as I know.

Anybody heard this kit? I too thought that Dixon only made lower end kits??

Actually Dixon's offer pretty wide range of products. Although their USA and International marketing seems to be doing different thing, but both seems to be going after Mid-high to professional market. Especially the Artisan sereis in Europe. Kind of like what Tama did in the past I thnk.

thanx Artstar.

same company with Gretsch..i might think of getting a dixon set if the price is nicer than Gretsch.

the lacquer on the zombie kit looks good, however the painting for me is just ok..it would be great if the painting is really custom and the price is good!

I got a Dixon Demon which is their intermediate kit from what I take on it. It originally cost 700 USD if I remember correctly on Musicians Friend. It's a nice sounding kit so I'm assuming if they put effort into making this kit look badass then it must sound better than mine.

Just assuming that from the effort put into aesthetics. Who wouldn't put good effort into the sound of the drum as well?

Just a guess but from experience with Dixon that kit should sound rather nice.

Back