Will this Mapex tom holder fit inside of this Yamaha double tom stand?

T

TwoCables

Will the Mapex TH676 that comes with the Mapex Meridian shell packs fit inside the Yamaha WS955A? I mean, I'm hoping to replace this part of the WS955A:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/drums/hardware/tom-holders/th945b/?mode=model

In other words, I want to use this double tom stand (which I already have):

B9552EBF46724EE285387BC8EDA8FD27_12001.jpg

And I want to replace the top part that looks like this:

8601_12001_1.jpg

...with the TH676 which looks like this:

TH676.jpg

Will it fit and be secure? I wanted specifications on both, but I can't find any. I am already guessing that it does, but I guess I have a concern that it might either be slightly too big, or so small that it will be too loose.

Unfortunately, I have no practical way to test this right now.

In short .... doesn't appear so.

According to this link, the Mapex tom holder is 25 mm in diameter. That equals 1 inch.

Yamaha down tubes for tom holders are 7/8" in diameter. I know this for absolute fact because I own five of the things, plus a double tom platform similar to yours.

So the Mapex down tube on the TH676 won't even get into the Yamaha tripod. It's an eighth of an inch too big. Sorry.

(Having said that... the majority of Yamaha's cymbal stands accept 1" down tubes. I own two of their 750-series stands and this is the case.)

According to this link, the Mapex tom holder is 25 mm in diameter. That equals 1 inch.

Yamaha down tubes for tom holders are 7/8" in diameter. I know this for absolute fact because I own five of the things, plus a double tom platform similar to yours.

So the Mapex down tube on the TH676 won't even get into the Yamaha tripod. It's an eighth of an inch too big. Sorry.

(Having said that... the majority of Yamaha's cymbal stands accept 1" down tubes. I own two of their 750-series stands and this is the case.)
Well then! It looks like whoever buys my Stage Customs will be getting a double tom stand too. lol :)

Thank you!

True, but Mapex's individual tom holders will fit. I use them in a Yamaha tripod stand to hold my two floor toms and a 3rd on on another tripod to the left to hold the 8" tom

True, but Mapex's individual tom holders will fit. I use them in a Yamaha tripod stand to hold my two floor toms and a 3rd on on another tripod to the left to hold the 8" tom

That's true - but he hasn't got the individual tom holders - he's got the one-piece integrated 676 that comes off the bass drum.

It occurs to me that he *could* disassemble the Yamaha ball-and-hex-rod holders and insert the ball-and-L-Arm assembly from his Mapex 676... IF the phenolic balls are the same size.

That's true - but he hasn't got the individual tom holders - he's got the one-piece integrated 676 that comes off the bass drum.

It occurs to me that he *could* disassemble the Yamaha ball-and-hex-rod holders and insert the ball-and-L-Arm assembly from his Mapex 676... IF the phenolic balls are the same size.
I haven't made any purchases yet, but I think that this is a good idea! I think I'll try this out just to see what happens!

The base section of the YAMAHA 900 series tom stand will accept 1" or 25 mm tubbing

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,708
I haven't made any purchases yet, but I think that this is a good idea! I think I'll try this out just to see what happens!

If you haven't made any purchases yet, I take that to mean that you might have the option of getting a Mapex kit with a different tom holder option than the 676. I would do that rather than take a chance that the phenolic balls will be compatible. Mapex's L-Arms should be 10.5mm compatible, the same as Tama and PDP.

The base section of the YAMAHA 900 series tom stand will accept 1" or 25 mm tubbing
Are you talking about the part that this thing goes into?

8601_12001_1.jpg

If you haven't made any purchases yet, I take that to mean that you might have the option of getting a Mapex kit with a different tom holder option than the 676. I would do that rather than take a chance that the phenolic balls will be compatible. Mapex's L-Arms should be 10.5mm compatible, the same as Tama and PDP.
I don't know: I am most likely getting the Meridian Maples which seems to limit my options quite a bit. But that's fine with me because their purpose is to hold me over for 2-3 years while I save up for some "real" drums. :)

8601_12001_1.jpg

I don't know: I am most likely getting the Meridian Maples which seems to limit my options quite a bit. But that's fine with me because their purpose is to hold me over for 2-3 years while I save up for some "real" drums. :)

They're fine drums, that's not even an issue. I hope you manage to work it out with what you have.

The YAMAHA you pictured is 22 mm (7/8") the 900 series YAMAHA stand has 2 sections, the base (bottom) section accepts 25mm (1") the second top section accepts 22mm which the size of the mounting tube you pictured.

The YAMAHA you pictured is 22 mm (7/8") the 900 series YAMAHA stand has 2 sections, the base (bottom) section accepts 25mm (1") the second top section accepts 22mm which the size of the mounting tube you pictured.

So there you go, the bottom tube will accept your mount, but won't elevate to the same height as it would if you have both tubes. Problem solved, good show, Les.

Oh wow, thank you!

But unfortunately, I was planning to use it for my first two toms (so it would be too short). hehe It's not a big deal though because now I know that I'll be including this double tom stand with my drums which will be very helpful in getting my old drums sold!

Another option ☟this frees up the stands hole to be used for a cymbal, or whatever

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,884
Back