Most ridiculous electronic drum sounds

I honestly think the music industry is lethargic and sickly compared with 30, even 20 years ago. And I blame the industry itself for this failure to connect.

I agree that there's really nothing new, and modern rock has been a repeating cycle for several years. The industry may be out of touch, but they can no longer be blamed for any lack of progress out there. The next generation of music makers are widely available all over the internet, unhampered by labels and the industry, making music the way they want. But are they really doing anything 'new'? Or are they still prisoners of the styles and sounds that have been selling over the past 10-20 years?

Whether any of it is grounbreaking or not, or whether I actually like a particular song or a whole genre or not, I never judge or blame the drummer/programmer for just doing his job. This is an important perspective, as I'm among the 99% of drummers who don't have control by writing songs or fronting their own band... we're basically hired guns who don't enjoy a lot of freedom when it comes to picking and choosing gigs. I'm not mad about that, I'm fine being a sideman. But it allows (forces?) me to keep an open mind and be a little more accepting of what goes on musically around me in order that I may continue to work and have the career that I do.

Bermuda

Back