Cozy Powell

Just got back into Rainbow...I love Stargazer...no way can I play that intro haha!

Long Live Cozy! Great player...and easy on the eyes ;-)

Just got back into Rainbow...I love Stargazer...no way can I play that intro haha!

Long Live Cozy! Great player...and easy on the eyes ;-)

I'm glad I had the chance to see him live in '82 or '83 with Withesnake, the drum solo with the 1812 Ouverture by Tchaikoswski was astonishing. (With Ozzy Osbourne as an opening act with Tommy Aldridge on drums)

Cozy's the reason why I started drumming 30 years ago.

I'm glad I had the chance to see him live in '82 or '83 with Withesnake, the drum solo with the 1812 Ouverture by Tchaikoswski was astonishing. (With Ozzy Osbourne as an opening act with Tommy Aldridge on drums)

Cozy's the reason why I started drumming 30 years ago.

*Jealous rage* :( haha I am jealous. I seriously wish I was born earlier than '86. I've missed out on the good times!

You're very very lucky :-D Bonham got me into drumming...then I found out he had died 6 years before I was born. Pfft! :)

*Jealous rage* :( haha I am jealous. I seriously wish I was born earlier than '86. I've missed out on the good times!

You're very very lucky :-D Bonham got me into drumming...then I found out he had died 6 years before I was born. Pfft! :)

I love "Good Times Bad Times" by Bonham, just amazing footwork!!!

I will have to learn to play heel up. I can do the triplet things heel down but...you know, I want to be able to do everything..well as much as possible :-D
Yes go ahead, you won't regret it, I promise you...

The other day I spotted this vid from Mike Packer, he has just joined the forum...

He left that vid for us : http://www.youtube.com/user/mpacker49?feature=mhum

Have a look, there is 4 vids alltogether, the little groove/solo at the end of lesson 4 is quite something...

Yes go ahead, you won't regret it, I promise you...

The other day I spotted this vid from Mike Packer, he has just joined the forum...

He left that vid for us : http://www.youtube.com/user/mpacker49?feature=mhum

Have a look, there is 4 vids alltogether, the little groove/solo at the end of lesson 4 is quite something...

Wow, he's pretty good! So floppy and relaxed! Thanks for showing me the video..it's saved on youtube now :D

Bonham & Cozy two of the baddest powerhouses Rock has ever seen.

Bonzolead

Attachments

• Bonham & Cozy.jpg
    Bonham & Cozy.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 544
Today is Cozy Powell's birthday. He would have been 64. Almost 14 years have past and I am still saddened by his loss. I honored him by" Listening to Still I'm Sad" from "Rainbow On Stage". Tremendous drum sound tremendous playing. I'm glad he has got some fans here.

Today is Cozy Powell's birthday. He would have been 64. Almost 14 years have past and I am still saddened by his loss. I honored him by" Listening to Still I'm Sad" from "Rainbow On Stage". Tremendous drum sound tremendous playing. I'm glad he has got some fans here.

Was not knowing thanks for bringing it too my attention..Long Live COZY

I will toast him for sure tonight.

Bonzolead

Excellent reminder on a great inspiring drummer. True! Cozy's got more than few fans here...

Enjoy..."Situation" JEFF BECK GROUP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTSwwWhm1MA&feature=related

Love his playing. "Rainbow Rising" is an incredible album, one of my top 10 of all time. Too bad Led Zeppelin couldn't have brought Cozy on and kept going.

Back