Who is this drummer...

J-Boogie

Gold Member
Anyone know who the drummer is, the awesome cartoon character like, huge drumset disco stew bad a$$? Also would y'all consider him to be dragging or too far behind the beat during the "How does your light shine" parts? Just curious to know your thoughts. Awesome song, awesome band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnyh6i9NvmE

Take your pick

In 1973, Three Dog Night filed a $6 million lawsuit against their former booking agent, American Talent International (ATI) for continuing to advertise in the media that the band was still with their agency when in fact they signed with William Morris Agency in October 1972. Other damages were sought due to ATI taking deposits for booking Three Dog Night, whom they no longer represented.[8]

Joe Schermie was replaced by Jack Ryland in 1973, and the band then became an eight-piece with the inclusion of another keyboard player, Skip Konte (ex-Blues Image). In late 1974, Allsup and Sneed left to form a new band, SS Fools, with Schermie. New members James "Smitty" Smith and drummer Mickey McMeel were recruited, but by 1975, Smith was replaced by Al Ciner from Rufus and The American Breed and Ryland by Rufus bassist Dennis Belfield. By 1976, their run of hit records had ended and Hutton was succeeded by Jay Gruska.

I think the "drag" is just an illusion because of space and where that part starts.

Thanks for the info Grunt, I only know Floyd...and prefer him from what Ive heard. But this guy on Shambala is just awesome, but kinda almost feel like hes dragging at times, but I dont have the trained ear many of you all have so Im curious about other opinions. Chuck Negron is my hero

I think the "drag" is just an illusion because of space and where that part starts.[/QUOTE

Thank you Odd, that works for me. I appreciate your feedback. It looks like the singer on the right is like hanging on for dear life waiting for the drummers hit.

Yeah. Just don't do stuff like that spontaneously with an amateur choir or theater. :)

Back