DW Go-Anywhere Kit: Worth the Price?

eu.sei

Hey there,

I've startet to study at an university and moved to another city. Since it's really hard to find an affordable room for practice and I don't have the time to join a band yet, I really want to keep practicing with a pad.

I've done that before, but I lost my old rubber-pad and this REMO tunable pad is quite loud. So I decided to get a new rubber pad with a stand (and a bag, in case I travel or so).

Well my new local dealer offered me this DW Rubber Pad with a stand and a bag for about 80€ (which he had to order) and then offered me the whole DW Practice-Anywhere Kit for 140€.

Does anyone have this kit and is it worth the price? I really want to practice to a metronome and to music and the kit looks quite cool for that. However, the price is quite high.

Thanks in advance.

I bought mine about 6 months ago and I love it. It is on a very heavy stand being DW so it is durable and well constructed.. It has a nice small pad for the bass pedal too. However it is not totally quiet. I thought it would be quieter because of some of the reviews I read before I bought it online. I play with 5B sticks and it does make some noise, the pads are rubber glued onto a plastic backing, but nothing compared to the Remo. I also used to have the Remo practice kit and this is quieter than that by a lot. I hope thats not to confusing, I do recommend it over the Remo.

Now that's confusing. I thought those rubber-pads were quite quiet so that you can even hear your sticks "ring" when you hit them. I haven't seen the REMO-kit except the Thomas Lang one (which is like 900€) but i own one REMO pad which is tunable and quite loud. Before I used a Stagg rubber-pad and it was quiet enough.

Do you mean the bassdrum or the pads are loud? And thanks for your quick response.

The Remo kit I had was made from 5 of the tunable pads plus one for the bass pedal and it was real loud. Plus I never understood why there was a need to tune them, it was a "pretend" kit anyway. The go anywhere pads have a kind of tone to them that mostly comes from the mounting rods that they attach to. Its a ringing that has a short sustain to it but it gives it some volume versus just the pads themselves mounted to a single stand like the Remo....now I'm getting confused!!!

Also sorry, the drum pads are louder than the bass pad. Like most practice kits, the bass drum feel is very hard and bouncy and kind of gives a little buzz roll when you play it. No one has yet found a way to replicate a bass pedal on a real bass head as far as I know. More confusion!

The Remo kit I had was made from 5 of the tunable pads plus one for the bass pedal and it was real loud. Plus I never understood why there was a need to tune them, it was a "pretend" kit anyway. The go anywhere pads have a kind of tone to them that mostly comes from the mounting rods that they attach to. Its a ringing that has a short sustain to it but it gives it some volume versus just the pads themselves mounted to a single stand like the Remo....now I'm getting confused!!!

Ah okay now I see, thanks. And can you set it up comfortably and put it in some corner after practicing where it does not take much room?

I'll just try it out tomorrow, thanks for your answers.

Hi there,
Has any of you tried both the Bill Sanders and DW practice kit? Do you recommend one more than the other? From what I've read the Bill Sanders has a better bounce/closer to the one of an acoustic kit and the DW is just more practicle/easy to carry around... Any precision welcomed!!
Thanks!

Back