Pearl Export Series Bass Hoop Claw Question.

hey guys i recently purchased a Pearl Export Series Kit and the bass drum is missing a tension rod and claw. Im not sure how old the kit is but i can post a picture of the Claw. I need to know where i could find one of these or just another pearl claw that will work with my style kit. any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I doubt you can see the Claw's in these pictures but at least you get an idea of what kind of kit it is.

picture916056.jpg

picture916050.jpg

picture916054.jpg

Pearl parts are readily available. Check with your local Pearl dealer.....he'll be able to order what you need.

hmm id rather not go through the dealer and spend a bunch of money. theres gotta be some kinda claw that will work with this bass drum. on ebay they have a Lot of 8 Pearl D-043 Claw Hooks for the EX kit. i think this is what i want

You can buy bass drum claws and rods online or in any music store that will work.
They are not that expensive.
If you can't find one that is a perfect match then just buy a set for that one hoop.
http://drums-percussion.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibraltar-SCCH-Claw-Hook?sku=446114

what about the bass tension rods? My tension rods are 4 1/2'' long but i dont know what # thread count they are. i found a site where they sell individual tension rods, They have a #12-24 thread and are 7/32" diameter. will these fit my bass drum? thanks for any input!

what about the bass tension rods? My tension rods are 4 1/2'' long but i dont know what # thread count they are. i found a site where they sell individual tension rods, They have a #12-24 thread and are 7/32" diameter. will these fit my bass drum? thanks for any input!
Bring one of your rods to a music store or a drum shop.
They should have a claw and a rod that fits your drum.
The claw may not match exactly. Just switch the claw that doesn't match with one by the bass drum pedal where it won't be noticeable.
Most stores stock the common size rods.

Bring one of your rods to a music store or a drum shop.
They should have a claw and a rod that fits your drum.
The claw may not match exactly. Just switch the claw that doesn't match with one by the bass drum pedal where it won't be noticeable.
Most stores stock the common size rods.

ok thanks man. i just took a claw off of my other drum set and it fits perfectly on the rim. ill have to take a trip down to the music shop tomorrow to get a tension rod

hmm id rather not go through the dealer and spend a bunch of money.

A bunch of money? On one claw?....man.

Anyways, as has been stated, take your existing into a drum store and see if they have anything to match it. If you don't want to spend a whole $1.95 on the Pearl claw, they may have a generic brand that will fit for $1.75. :)

A bunch of money? On one claw?....man.

Anyways, as has been stated, take your existing into a drum store and see if they have anything to match it. If you don't want to spend a whole $1.95 on the Pearl claw, they may have a generic brand that will fit for $1.75. :)

im sorry i wasnt thinking, i just didnt know if they would carry the same exact kind that i have on my export series since they are not in production any more. but im just gonna go down and get a newer style one if thats all they got and a tension rod.

Back