Vex Double bass pedal

I have one and will describe it thusly. It is worth the 99.00 I paid for it and maybe a bit more. However, that said, there are some flaws, with some of the machining. One problem with my pedal is the hinge on the back of the master pedal. It tends to be a bit sloppy and although it functions perfectly it just feels sloppy. It has about every adjustment you could want. It comes with two four-way pedals and either pedal can be used singly. Removing the connecting bar will give you two pedals for double bass or for a backup if the master defaults. It also has three springs and not two like most of the cheaper pedals. It has two base plates, and not just wire supports for a frame. I don't use mine much. Double bass is not for me but thought I would give it a try. I hope this helps.

ha ha ! i think everyone must have tried these things before ! i got jennifer a set of them as her first double pedal set-up ! and i kid you not , but she killed the drive shaft within two weeks ! the ujoints are terrible , which is a shame cause the actual pedals are not that bad at all . but alas as with grunter, hers just sit collecting dust and still look new .

I got mine QUITE used with the kit I bought off CL. It works a lot better than people said it would. I have no complaints at all. For a hundred bucks you can't beat it.

I will, however, be upgrading soon. Just ready for a high-end pedal.

Hi Zach.

Right after hearing all of this stuff about the Vex I went and checked out some reviews, it turns out people have been having trouble with them, however the problems mentioned can easily be fixed without spending money and with a bit of manual labour.

They seem like great pedals for the money if not the best in that price range by far. If you buy one and have problems with it please look at this 4 part series on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FQMbPQK6KE

This guy is fantastic, he explains the faults he had with his Vex double pedal and he shows you how to fix them.

I hope this is of some help to you.

Oh yeah, there's ONE big issue I had with mine. The pedals each have a crossbar under the main axle that works as a "stopper" I guess, and when I first got these things, the pedal's cam would clunk into it when the pedal was at the point where the beater was JUUUUST touching the batter. So, basically, if I wanted to get any real noise out of them, I had to stomp on the pedals with all I had. If I simply rested my feet on them, the batters weren't sunk at all into the kick.

The fix was simple, it just took about 20 minutes. Basically I just had to pull the axle out, rotate it a bit, put it back, and then re-adjust the pedal height. Point being, this thing has LOTS of ways to adjust it. For a hundred bucks, I really would argue you cannot top it.

Hi Zach.

Right after hearing all of this stuff about the Vex I went and checked out some reviews, it turns out people have been having trouble with them, however the problems mentioned can easily be fixed without spending money and with a bit of manual labour.

They seem like great pedals for the money if not the best in that price range by far. If you buy one and have problems with it please look at this 4 part series on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FQMbPQK6KE

This guy is fantastic, he explains the faults he had with his Vex double pedal and he shows you how to fix them.

I hope this is of some help to you.

I watched that guys videos and took his advice on the loose pedal hinge idea and it still didn't fix my problem.

I watched that guys videos and took his advice on the loose pedal hinge idea and it still didn't fix my problem.

Hmm if you pm the guy on youtube who created the videos, he responds pretty fast so he might yet be able to help you with it.

Back