Double pedal with a smooth surface?

...joking aside, couldn't I switch black part's - left beater's places? that would bring the beater in the right place, and keep the black part on the pedal. I'm not sure I understood how that thing works...

That might just work. You'd have to take it all apart to tell, but it looks to me like you could put that 3rd bearing on either side.
Probably the left side needs more support though.
If you do it, make sure to take some pics of the process.
I'm going to leave well enough alone on mine. LOL

While we're brainstorming, here's another idea.

If you could order another one of those black pieces with the bearing, you could put it on the right side to make them even, and have super stability.

That might just work. You'd have to take it all apart to tell, but it looks to me like you could put that 3rd bearing on either side.
Probably the left side needs more support though.
If you do it, make sure to take some pics of the process.
I'm going to leave well enough alone on mine. LOL

While we're brainstorming, here's another idea.

If you could order another one of those black pieces with the bearing, you could put it on the right side to make them even, and have super stability.

man I just realised how that thing works. it can't come out I guess.
just take it on your lap and move the beater with your hand, and watch how the parts move.
unfortunately, it's there for a reason!

man I just realised how that thing works. it can't come out I guess.
just take it on your lap and move the beater with your hand, and watch how the parts move.
unfortunately, it's there for a reason!

You're absolutely right. Don't know what the heck I was thinking.
I just got the pedals and started using them without really giving them a good
look over to see how they're put together.

2 independent shafts - it has to be, so that they can move separately.
The black part must contain a split double bearing. One bearing for the short left side shaft, and another for the longer right side.

Guess you're screwed there. Oh well - Mapex it is then. LOL

Just kidding. Put 'em together and use them, even if they aren't all nice and neat, and centered and symmetrical.
They work mighty fine for me.

Last edited:
macho - I'm having a bit of camera trouble, but managed to get one transferred. It'll show beater position and a bit about the riser - I'll explain:

This is how the Yamaha beaters sit on an 18" bass drum - not centered - neither left to right, nor top to bottom.

The bottom of the bass drum is about 2 & 1/4" off the floor with the riser.
Even with the riser installed, the centers of the beaters hit about 10 & 3/4" up the head ( 9" would be the center.)
Without the riser, they'd be hitting almost 4" above center. Close to 13" up from the bottom.

The beaters are fully extended so that you can just feel the end of them from the bottom of the holder.
Anyways, that should give you a little idea about both the beaters (from this thread), and the riser (from your other thread).

Last edited:
macho - I'm having a bit of camera trouble, but managed to get one transferred. It'll show beater position and a bit about the riser - I'll explain:

This is how the Yamaha beaters sit on an 18" bass drum - not centered - neither left to right, nor top to bottom.

The bottom of the bass drum is about 2 & 1/4" off the floor with the riser.
Even with the riser installed, the centers of the beaters hit about 10 & 3/4" up the head ( 9" would be the center.)
Without the riser, they'd be hitting almost 4" above center. Close to 13" up from the bottom.

The beaters are fully extended so that you can just feel the end of them from the bottom of the holder.
Anyways, that should give you a little idea about both the beaters (from this thread), and the riser (from your other thread).

thanks for taking the time to do that.
I guess I'll grab a raiser so that the pedal has the same balance even in 22" drums.

my main problem is that I don't want sound inconsistencies, and I my mind two beaters that don't hit in a symmetrical spot do that. double pedals have been out for 40 years, yamaha should have left the master/slave beater mentality in the 80s where it belongs :[

anyway, enough crying from me, the pedal is perfect, can't believe how people spend double the money for a Pearl Demon without trying this one first.
time to go back to my set and get used to the direct drive, it's so much different than chain!

Nice buy! I got in late or I would have recommended Trick Drum pedals. They're pretty smooth, come in shortboard and longboard form. They're expensive, but really nice.

Back