Chris Coleman

I was watching a Drumeo video of Chris Coleman. I realize he's a Drummerworld 500. But I've never heard him before. Hence the whole waking up thing. OMG! This guy is insane. HIs chops are pure animal yet he's tasteful and grooves his a$$ off. If only Weather Report or George Duke were still around. He'd be perfect. I know people are making a lot of noise about Mike Mitchell but this new to me Chris Coleman has the same chops as Mitchell but is so much more groove oriented and so much more tasteful. I really shouldn't be comparing them. He's so freaking musical. I'm just blown away.

I saw somewhere that he's working with Chaka. Makes sense to me since she's always had killer drummers to go with her killer bands behind her. I'd go see Chaka just to see him. Last time I saw her was at Radio City with Vinnie. I've now listened to the video 4 times. I can't get enough of this stuff. Holy mother of God this guy is awesome.

This is Mike Mitchell. Pretty amazing chops as well. But I prefer Coleman stylistically.

Prince. That's some pretty serious cred there.

And she was a YouTube drummer before, and was ridiculed here for a long time.

And she's a cute/hot blond who can hold her own behind a kit. That's threatening to some guys.

“Cute/hot blond” um ok

So when do we get your take on Vinnie or Weckl’s hotness?

Strange this forum never takes the time to comment on men’s appearance ?

Hah! She is. And I'm a guy. Vinnie and Weckl? Eww.

I watched the whole drumeo fest last week and man... it's amazing. I think my favorite was Steve Smith though.. cause well.. yeah you guys know.

P.S. each drummer played a hour or so.. most were just amazing.

I watched the whole drumeo fest last week and man... it's amazing. I think my favorite was Steve Smith though.. cause well.. yeah you guys know.

P.S. each drummer played a hour or so.. most were just amazing.

He’s a great example of a drummer who has actually improved over the years. He’s always had world-beating talent of course, but his heightened sense of touch and dynamics really sets him apart now.

This is Mike Mitchell. Pretty amazing chops as well. But I prefer Coleman stylistically.

I had to follow him once in LA at the Western Arts Alliance showcase.

He was playing with this african jazz guitarist named Albino Mbie - and I was feeling great all day about my band and our playing....then I hear this freaking BEAST OF A DRUMMER so against my better judgement I went out to the state area and watching them...

Man...that guy is something else. (though I will say he played over EVERYONE all the time haha).

Our showcase went awesome - but it was still a little freaky following THAT haha.

Chris Coleman rocks - awesome dude - his duets with Weckl are wild too!!

I had to follow him once in LA at the Western Arts Alliance showcase.

He was playing with this african jazz guitarist named Albino Mbie - and I was feeling great all day about my band and our playing....then I hear this freaking BEAST OF A DRUMMER so against my better judgement I went out to the state area and watching them...

Man...that guy is something else. (though I will say he played over EVERYONE all the time haha).

Our showcase went awesome - but it was still a little freaky following THAT haha.

Chris Coleman rocks - awesome dude - his duets with Weckl are wild too!!
So are you saying going on after Mike Mitchell was like what the other bands at Live Aid felt like going on after QUEEN? That’s some powerful stuff right there. I coulda left Live Aid after that ?

Back