a new metal drumming book - great stuff

NUTHA JASON

Senior Administrator
Rich Lackowski has just written a book that is a tour de force of 12 of metal's master drummers from bill ward who basically invented it to thomas haake who's made it mind bendingly complex and still groovey.

clive burr, niko, lars, chris adler, derek roddy, joey, dave lombardo and jason bitner are also in there. 104 A4 pages packed with goodies for drummers who love the metal genre. Rich promises a sequel because, let's face it, there have been far more than 12 amazing drummers in metal... but it's a darn good start.
So for each of the 12 giants you get a cool write up, a cool picture and then a few pages of manuscript with description and explanation that really helps begin to unlock what makes each of these drummers special. and there is a CD to help the process along. i'm loving my copy and i've only had it for a cpouple of days.

ap_beatenpath_metal_thmb.jpg

This is a follow on of his other book:

On the Beaten Path: The Drummer's Guide to Musical Styles and the Legends Who Defined Them with CD

j

ps: i took some of the photos in the book. lol. well don rich!

Sounds very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I'm assuming the CD comes with EVERY copy? The amazon page I was looking at didn't list it in the description (there wasn't even one) so I just wanted to be sure.

Back