£450 or £850?

JimmyMature

Hi there, I'm getting my son a kit for his birthday. He's been playing and having lessons for 5 months and loves it.

My question is do I spend £450 and get Yamaha DTX450 or spend more and get the Roland TD-11K, is it worth spending the extra cash?

All views and opinions would be appreciated.

Jim

A kit with mesh heads is much closer to a "real" drum head. This is especially important for the snare because it's played so much more..

I would search for a used kit with mesh heads. The Roland stuff has been very good for me and I've picked up everything used.

If you put some time in, I think you can find a mesh head kit for close to the price of a new rubber pad kit.

The hard pads are not good for the wrists either.

A kit with mesh heads is much closer to a "real" drum head. This is especially important for the snare because it's played so much more..

I would search for a used kit with mesh heads. The Roland stuff has been very good for me and I've picked up everything used.

If you put some time in, I think you can find a mesh head kit for close to the price of a new rubber pad kit.

The hard pads are not good for the wrists either.

Thanks for the advice, the TD-11K has a mesh snare so I may continue to look down this route.

Back