Official One-Up, Two-Down thread

For most of the times, yes. Might be better control, comfort, hard hitting.

Last edited:
Hey Im getting an upgrade soon and don't know what to buy but this is kit at the moment !

heres better pics
medrumming001.jpg

IMG_3227-1.jpg

IMG_3223.jpg

IMG_3227.jpg

KIT:
premier cabria xpk atlantic blue
22-18 kick
16-16 floor tom
14-14 floor tom
12-9 tom tom
14-5.5 snare
CYMBALS:
paiste pst3
14" hats
14" crash
16" crash
20" ride
HARDWARE:
iron cobra powerglide double pedal
premier and gibraltar stands

...these are mine.

Cool looking WMP's. what sizes?

...thanks Roger.

Those drums are 24x16, 12x8, 14x14, 16x16, and the 14x6" edge snare.

Since my last posts I have made a few changes to my drum room. I am back down to my fave four and my fave four cymbals.

24x16, 13x9, 16x16,and the 14x6 edge snare. 20" manhattan ride, 14" dark hats, 16" thin, and 17" hhxtreme crashes.

Barry

mmm Nice Sets...
Really inspiring me to actually add in my 2nd Floor Tom...
I'll take a pic when I do.

Also Karl, that Bass of yours just looks ginormous haha.

Barry, your kits are so dang cool...

I love rail mounted toms too.

...Thanks Karl.

I always apreciate your opinions and advice.

I love the rail mounts too. I get some flack for mounting the tom bracket directly to the shells, but if it was good enough for Ludwig, Gretsch, Rogers, Slingerland etc, then it's good enough for me.

I think that my bout of big kit silliness has come to it's end. From now on it's strictly four by four for me.

Barry

I get some flack for mounting the tom bracket directly to the shells, but if it was good enough for Ludwig, Gretsch, Rogers, Slingerland etc, then it's good enough for me.

Barry

RIGHT ON MAN!!!
Flack schmack, go play your own drums.

Really, RIMS are cool, but the way shells are made now, and how sturdy they are, a mount on the drum, like a L-arm style, or even Yamaha's older style mounts isn't any problem IMO.

Yamaha's toms never had any problem resonating fully with the mount they had before the YESS system.

DW's L-arm is on the big size too (& awesomely sturdy), and it's no problem.

Maybe on a really thin shell, you might be better off without a mount directly on he drum, but on 'average' thickness shells, no problem.

Even with a RIMS, if you tune the drum up perfectly holding it, once you put it on the L-arm (or whatever holds it up), the sound changes a little.

I'd have a mount on my tom if I didn't change how I set stuff up all the time and just stick with one way...

4&4 is awesome...but I can't give up my left side ft.....I could give up a couple crashes and just use hat, ride and one (or no) crash, but I love that hat side ft....

24" bass drums are great too.
I'm even toying with getting a 24 again for some things...but it will be at least 20" deep of course...even though my old Ludwig (3ply w/re-ring) 14x24 is still fun to play :)

Have a great time in that fun looking drum room you have Barry!!!

One up, 2 down.....+1...is that cheating?
One up, 2 down...+2...OK, I know I'm pushing it.......but it has a gong!!
:)

KarlCrafton That red Luddy is one sweeeeet setup! The skull sems to be a Houdini!

My contribution to the thread....

DSCN0426-1.jpg

DSCN0429-1.jpg

DSCN0432-1.jpg

DSCN0433-1.jpg

Mine are nothing special.

Attachments

• AFTER 6 (Medium).JPG
    AFTER 6 (Medium).JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 7,614
  • AFTER 2 (Medium).JPG
    AFTER 2 (Medium).JPG