drum monitors...suggestions?

sevenace

~~I bought the Simmons DA200S New in May 2013 September 2013 (4 months)the subwoofer stopped working, Guitar center swapped it out after I had to pay again for another warranty 260.00 .
Jan 2014 (2 months)the high end stop working on this new amp. They sent it to be fixed..they say they don't have the parts it needs. I'll get a 260.00 gift card. I play a ~~Roland TD-11K V-Drums V-Compact Series bought new in May 2013.I am in a cover band where I am the youngest member at 53.I never pushed the amp past 1/2 way.
Everyone praises this monitor I don't understand why. I am so disappointed in this product I really cannot express it anyone have any clue why this would happened? To blow out a amp playing Night moves by bob seger...? My stick busting days are past me..Now I have to post what amp can I use that will not poop the bed so easily

I've been trying to wait out and get the new JBL EON615, but the reviews on this speaker are shaky now...I am looking for one speaker that can last and not cost me a arm and a leg..I need those..

sevenace, I can't imagine what could have been wrong with the amp and it's wrong that Guitar Center charged you for warranty services when it went bust in four months and then again.

I've heard really good reviews of the DA200S, it's supposed to be far better than the Roland PM monitors and is much cheaper too.

If you have to change, I'd say look into a keyboard amplifier that'll suit your purposes. Those will be able to give you a decent experience.

As a general observation, any drum reinforcement (especially some sampled sounds used in electronic drums) needs to be able to move a lot of air. That takes power, & to do so cleanly - headroom. There's no easy way of putting this - there's no substitute for quality, & in the case of drum reinforcement, size. Headroom is the key here. Just because an amp is set at half volume doesn't mean either the amp or speaker is getting an easy life when faced with low frequency reproduction.

Hi Sevenace,

Have you thought about using in-ear monitors? I found a relatively cheap way of doing this at the beginning of the year. All you need:

Standard Earphones (the ones that shut out outside noise...I went for the shure se215s)
A little headphone mixer (cost around £35)
A Long Jack to Jack.

All you do is plug the jack into the 'aux' port at the desk (whichever one you would have used for a monitor). Jack goes to the headphone mixer, earphones come out of it and you're ready!

Couldn't believe I hadn't thought of it sooner. I always wanted the wireless systems but then suddenly realised, I spend the whole time sat down in place. Now I have a near perfect mix every night without having to tinker with the settings. Happy days!

sevenace, I can't imagine what could have been wrong with the amp and it's wrong that Guitar Center charged you for warranty services when it went bust in four months and then again.

I've heard really good reviews of the DA200S, it's supposed to be far better than the Roland PM monitors and is much cheaper too.

If you have to change, I'd say look into a keyboard amplifier that'll suit your purposes. Those will be able to give you a decent experience.

that's the killer..I did my homework..nothing but great/stellar reviews on that amp. I don't get it... My kit was always half way up and the amp as well. I didn't beat on the thing ,I guess I got bad luck. So what's next...I need help deciding..I mention the JBL EON 615 at 400.oo it seems reasonable but it's not released yet in the GC warehouse the bottom end suppose to project 360 degrees I think that's a plus. But the other side of the coin I seen a few reviews that didn't seem favorable ...

Back