First lesson in the Books

foochcky

Had my first lesson last night. He introduced me to 3 of the rudiments on a practice pad (single stroke, double stroke, paradiddle) then we moved them to a kit. Then finished with a basic rock beat. I'm loving it!

After just having the set for a week and just a 1 hour lesson, I'm already more comfortable in my grasp of the instrument than I ever was with my guitar.

After just having the set for a week and just a 1 hour lesson, I'm already more comfortable in my grasp of the instrument than I ever was with my guitar.

The decades I wasted, trying to play the piano, when it simply didn't "fit"!

Glad you enjoyed your lesson. Isn't it exciting when a whole new world opens up before you?

Congrats and welcome to the addiction:)

Thanks you guys! I caught myself walking around the house with the sticks in my hand, like a little kid! Lol Made me smile. So once I realized it I actually made it a point to keep one in my left hand all night last night. Once my instructor showed me the proper grip, my left hand feels more uncomfortable than it did before (I'm a righty), so I figured when I'm not able to practice I'll train my brain anyway.

And Magenta, I kinda feel the same way about the guitar. While I love the sound, it just never felt right. Coulda had a lot to do with never getting the proper instruction from the start I'm sure. But this seemed to "fit" from the first night I sat behind the kit.

As a drum teacher, it's good to see new drummers so enthused about playing, makes it all worthwhile. You also got through a fair bit (dependant on your ability to actually play everything like I'm imagining haha) in the first lesson.

Back