Killer Deal on MF for Nova sticks

JesusMySavior

Silver Member
$4.39 for 12 pairs. If you're not a stick snob you can get in on this and really score a lifetime of sticks. Link

On one hand one might be worried that half the sticks would have defects of some type, whether it's out of round, odd amount being lighter than most, possibly finished or unfinished that would cause blisters on the hands etc etc. Depending on what you end up getting most of them could be a waste. I have had to play while using "banana" sticks and let me tell you it sucks! I only had so much money and decided to buy some top name sticks which turned out the be the worst decision. I'll explain who the sticks were from below....

On the other I bought 5 pairs of Vater sticks and 2.5 pair were out of round and one pair were not even the proper length. I bought the Vater 1A's to check out which are supposed to be 17" and they were not. More like 16 3/4. TBH it's left a bad taste with Vater as not only did I not get a reply back from them about the issues but the sticks being out of round and especially the false advertising of sticks is very unprofessional. So honestly it can happen even with the major names.

I realize that the above complaint may seem trivial but honestly when you're paying $8 for just a pair of wooden objects you expect the products to be of tip top quality and especially be the length and width they claim it to be. I'll also say that the prices for sticks is a bit ridiculous. $45 freaking dollars for 5 pairs of wooden sticks after taxes honestly is just incredibly ridiculous! It should be at least half that.

Sorry for the rant as I know all you were doing is letting us know about a great deal on sticks but I felt the need to say this.

Novas are seconds and some will be warped, some look unfinished. Buyer beware

I bought 10 pairs of these back in June. So far I broke one stick and one sticks nylon tip had a dull sound only on one section of the stick while playing the ride cymbal. Well worth it IMO. In that time frame I'm talking over 45 gigs. Many stick hits.

I don't know how any of you can be complaining about 12 pairs of sticks for $4. Yes, buyer beware as they are seconds. But I've never had problems with seconds. Some ugly wood grain most of the time. So what. Even if you manage to get one good pair out of the bunch (which is a stretch, you may have 2 or 3 "bad"/"out of round" sticks in the whole brick) you're still cheaper than one pair of sticks.

Well, more for me I guess. I ain't complaining.

I clicked on the link just for fun and the price I saw was $49.99. Maybe they screwed up and now it has been "fixed".

The best deal I know of on sticks is at Sam Ash. They sell 10 pair bags of blank sticks. Sometimes they will have them on sale for $20. You never know what kind of sticks they'll be though. The bag that I got was full of blank VF Aaron Spears sig sticks. I only knew that because I saw them online and was thinking about trying that stick anyway. It's weird because the bag was on sale for $20, but I got the bag for $10 because they just wanted to blow them out. I'm still on the first pair of sticks and I absolutely dig these sticks.

I clicked on the link just for fun and the price I saw was $49.99. Maybe they screwed up and now it has been "fixed".

The best deal I know of on sticks is at Sam Ash. They sell 10 pair bags of blank sticks. Sometimes they will have them on sale for $20. You never know what kind of sticks they'll be though. The bag that I got was full of blank VF Aaron Spears sig sticks. I only knew that because I saw them online and was thinking about trying that stick anyway. It's weird because the bag was on sale for $20, but I got the bag for $10 because they just wanted to blow them out. I'm still on the first pair of sticks and I absolutely dig these sticks.

It was a Labor Day weekend clearance sale. I also got some Evans Power Center heads for $4 a piece and a Snark guitar tuner for $8. I also managed to snag a couple of Tannoy studio monitors for $98 a piece on the Stupid Deal of the Day they had.

As for normal pricing, Musicians Gear Hickory sticks were what I bought for awhile. 10 pair for $9.99.

I got my Nova Sticks today by the way. 24 pair. They're all excellent sticks. Now I tape them up and customize them with colored grips, throw them in the stick bag and off I go. Never cared about the logo on the stick (although the Pro Mark stripe is cool). If a stick feels good I play it. These Novas do the job.

Never cared about the logo on the stick (although the Pro Mark stripe is cool). If a stick feels good I play it. These Novas do the job.

I don't really care about the logo, badge, name, company or what have you either. Which is why I usually use Sound Percussion 5B or Rock sticks. ;)

Which are awesome sticks btw. I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining or jumping on Nova brand sticks. Just a general thought on them is all as they are budget sticks. My main gripe is with what happened with Vater lol. Honestly I probably should have taken the deal but what can you do. Glad they worked out for you though, maybe next time.

I've used nova rock sticks with nylon tips for years and have never had any issues with warped or poor quality sticks. They last really well (better than original VF's IMHO) and are much cheaper. The current exchange rate is $1.55 to the £1 and VF's etc are on average £8-9 a pair. I pay £4 for nova's when I buy them in a brick. It's a total no brainer!

I've used nova rock sticks with nylon tips for years and have never had any issues with warped or poor quality sticks. They last really well (better than original VF's IMHO) and are much cheaper. The current exchange rate is $1.55 to the £1 and VF's etc are on average £8-9 a pair. I pay £4 for nova's when I buy them in a brick. It's a total no brainer!

Yep. This awesome sale = 37 cents a pair. Can't beat that with a stick...

My Experience with cheap Nylon sticks is that the tip will fly off after a few hits.I Gave up on them,although i will go for cheapo wood tips if i see them and they are not to badly out of round........

Back