Is it possible to buy a set with just the bass drum, 2 toms and a Floor Tom?

Hey guys,
I'm pretty satisfied with my snare and cymbals, they were far more expensive than my original begginers kit and are of good quality. So does anyone know if I can get a set with just the bass drum and toms, as I mentioned above?
I don't really feel the need to buy a whole new kit you see...
I'm looking for an intermidiate-advanced kind of price range. I'm 15 and play in a rock n roll band. Are there any experienced drummers out there who can help me without confusing me please?
Thanks.

put simply.... yes

any set other than the real begginner stuff should be available just as a 'shell pack' and that exactly what it says on the tin, shells and nothing else. options such as with or without snare should be available too.

im selling a set of drums just like your after actually, if your interested. if not, happy to help anyway.

Yes "again"! I did the same thing. Although I had no cymbals, I purchased a Yamaha shell pack and then purchased a hardware pack and a couple cymbals, high-hat and a few other items to get me going.

Usually in a store you'll see drums stacked up on each other and these are what's available as a shell pack or if they are setup with all other items then it might be the whole set for sale as well or a combination of both depending on the room available in the store they have for storage.

now, go get em!! lol
AW

Hey guys,
I'm pretty satisfied with my snare and cymbals, they were far more expensive than my original begginers kit and are of good quality. So does anyone know if I can get a set with just the bass drum and toms, as I mentioned above?
I don't really feel the need to buy a whole new kit you see...
I'm looking for an intermidiate-advanced kind of price range. I'm 15 and play in a rock n roll band. Are there any experienced drummers out there who can help me without confusing me please?
Thanks.

Absolutely. Do you have any drum shops near you? They can order a kit a-la-carte for you. When I buy my next set, I won't need a snare so I will be doing the same thing.

You should be able to go make a deal with a drum shop. Ask them for a Pearl Vision without the snare. I'm sure they'll work with you.

I just did the same thing. Can't turn my back on my old Tama Starclassic brass snare! So I bought a used maple kit with 3 toms and a kick.

Actually, I'm now selling my intermediate 80s Ludwig Rocker which includes 2 toms, a floor tom, and kick. PM me if you're interested.

Yes indeedy. In fact its probably the best way to buy. Most drum companies other than say DW seem to skimp on the snare drum when they put it with a set. Try eBay or your local paper, or Craigslist for a good used set. Most people will keep the snare and sell everything else. I got real lucky with Craigslist and you may also.

Back