Pat Petrillo here!

I have to say that at 54 it's not easy re-inventing yourself. I have 4 decades of bad habits and p**s poor technique to clear up but over the past couple of months, since getting stuck into Hands, Grooves and Fills, I've accomplished more than I have in the last two years. I cant recommend it enough to players of all levels and though Pat is not yet that well known here in the UK I have a feeling all that will soon change.

Well after those 2 endorsements I know exactly what I shall be buying after the new Jo Jo Mayer DVD!

Gentleman

Thanks SO much for the kind words!

At PASIC, I met Simon Mellish, awesome guy and drummer. He is helping organize some clinics for me in the UK in March !!

If you have any thoughts, please let me know.

All the Best!!!

Pat

Hey Pat.
Thats good news. I did a clinic with Simon back last year. Nice guy, well known on the circuit and a very nice drummer. Looking forward to March!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've recently had the pleasure of seeing your stuff for the first time, and WOW! I was looking on the S-Hoops site, as I've been extremely interested in them recently, and I came across your video on there. After seeing that, I just had to see others! I watched a lot of it on youtube, and it just blew me away! I'm definitely picking up your dvd thingy soon. Are you going to be doing any clinics around the Tri-State area in the near future? (PA,NJ,DE) I would really love to check one of those out! Keep up the great work!!
Josh

Right now I am in rehearsals with a new group featuring Bassist Gary Grainger, Guitarist Chieli Minucci, and Keyboardist Chris Fischer, called "Groovallegiance". We are recording the first week in December. Very cool tunes with an eclectic/funky vibe.

Pat

Right now I am in rehearsals with a new group featuring Bassist Gary Grainger, Guitarist Chieli Minucci, and Keyboardist Chris Fischer, called "Groovallegiance". We are recording the first week in December. Very cool tunes with an eclectic/funky vibe.

Pat

Boy does Gary Grainger get around....and Cheili has a cool-hip-acid jazz sound....I have a couple of his Cds and really enjoy him....

Sounds like and exciting project.....

Pat - I saw on Weckl's site that you were added to the drum fantasy camp....
Just curious what your thoughts were on it and how did it go and would you do it again...

I would love to save up some duckets and go to one....if there is another one next year is it worth it?

Linear

The camp was fun. Everyone who went seemed to really enjoy themselves. The instructors all had a good time sharing and playing. A very cool hang, and it was fun to be a part of.

I think next years will be better, because hopefully the kinks are worked out regarding housing, equipment, etc.

So, all in all, a fun time. Hope to see you next time!

The project is very fun, and we just had another rehearsal today. I think you will really dig it, as it will also have band play alongs and charts as well!...more details to come!

Pat

I sure hope it's in NJ again next year. I would have went for the 1-Day Camp this year except I was away on vacation in FL... Fantasy Camp was only 30 mins from my house!

I've recently had the pleasure of seeing your stuff for the first time, and WOW! I was looking on the S-Hoops site, as I've been extremely interested in them recently, and I came across your video on there. After seeing that, I just had to see others! I watched a lot of it on youtube, and it just blew me away! I'm definitely picking up your dvd thingy soon. Are you going to be doing any clinics around the Tri-State area in the near future? (PA,NJ,DE) I would really love to check one of those out! Keep up the great work!!
Josh

Thanks, X!

I am doing a master class in Virginia next Sunday the 25th @ Just Drums. You can go to their site for info...You can also hook up any time for lessons in Jersey. PM me anytime

Thanks again!

Pat

hi pat.

i just spent a wicked half hour practicing double bass (i'm not a double bass player but i want decent facility in the basics eventually) to your warm up 2 :''5-5-3''

i used it asthe foundation for a call and answer exercise. i played
5-5-3 - 5-5-3 on my hands and then on my feet in the next two bars and so forth for about 5 minutes at one tempo (started at 100bpm)

then i moved on to 5-5-5-5-3-3 without stopping and did the same thing for 5 minues and then i just upped the tempo by ten and continued.

it was great fun and i saw improvement. i think i'll work this one twice a week into my routine.

ta

j

Last edited:
Nutha

AWESOME!! It can apply to feet, too, thats for sure!

Have you dug into the rest of the Book/DVD yet? Grooves, Fills??

Simon Mellish is working on a UK tour in March. Can you help in anyway?

I will PM you shortly

Glad you are enjoying "H,G & F"!

Pat

P4 Practice Pad Now Available !

Hi, Everyone

My NEW Signature Practice Pad, the P4, is now available thru American Music Group for worldwide shipping. (International orders may cost more)

It is the worlds first multi-level practice pad, with 3 different levels, & 4 different types of rubber playing surfaces on the same side, no "flipping" required! It allows you to move around like you would on a kit, and separate your hands for isolated independence practice.

It is made of "MDF Light" material, so it weighs a little less than a Real Feel, and is MUCH lighter than the new Vater Pad...plus it does more!

It fits in a snare basket very well, and the grips are out of the way of the playing surface.

The first 300 pads will also have my signature on the box, as well as on the side of the pad.

Here is a clip which demonstrates it further.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUMywK_q_Ro

For more details, and to order yours, follow the below link.

http://www.patpetrillo.com/the P4 Practice Pad.htm

The Cost of the pad is $50, shipping included!

Thanks very much, and I look forward to this pad helping drummers improve their practice technique.

All the Best!

Pat

Attachments

• 320.jpg
    320.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 684
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: P4 Practice Pad Now Available !

Looks very cool Pat. I can't wait to try one out. I like that you can practice for example grooves where you want the feel of a cowbell or ride cymbal etc.

This looks great Pat. I like the fact that you can have mutiple feels and sounds on one pad. That's useful for hearing patterns that may be playing on two different drum surfaces (snare, cymbal etc..)

I'm just curious, why is the price not listed on your website? I just clicked on the Buy link and I saw that it is $60 shipped? Is that correct? Excuse me if this is out of line but if that is the price I think that is personally a bit too much for a pad.

Actually, four string, it is supposed to be $50 shipped! Give it a day, and it should be corrected...

Thanks for the heads up!

Pat

Actually, four string, it is supposed to be $50 shipped! Give it a day, and it should be corrected...

Thanks for the heads up!

Pat

Ok, well that's better :)

So shipping is expected to be within 3 or 4 weeks?

Is there a return period at all?

Back