Pro Mark LA special sticks? Any good?

JesusMySavior

Silver Member
They are pretty darn cheap and seem to be factory 2nds, but I love pro mark and supposedly they are just as good.

Anyone try these? I'm looking to stock up big time on 'em.

I got a pair of 5As a couple of years ago. They're ok. Just make sure to weed out the bananas and check for inconsistencies at the store.

I've played a pair or two, and they seemed okay, but understand they are seconds, so they're going to be inconsistent. Some might be fine, some might have bigger and more noticeable issues.

Just to clarify exactly what these sticks are, L.A. Specials are what we consider to be factory seconds. Most will have some sort of visual "defect" that would have little to no impact on the playability of the stick. Still, we're working on increasing the standards for drumsticks and are working towards putting only the very best sticks out on the market with the ProMark name.

Cheers!

Just to clarify exactly what these sticks are, L.A. Specials are what we consider to be factory seconds. Most will have some sort of visual "defect" that would have little to no impact on the playability of the stick. Still, we're working on increasing the standards for drumsticks and are working towards putting only the very best sticks out on the market with the ProMark name.

Cheers!

Evans makes Pro Mark?

Dang, I didn't know that. I love Evans heads. I think I just love you guys period.

Been using these the past 6 months or so... they dont seem to last long. I broke two of them playing a two hour gig on a friend's kit... prolly not hitting the hats like a normally do.
But I like them cause they're cheap and dont really notice anything wrong with the balance or splinters, etc.

D'Addario & Co. owns both Evans and ProMark (and PureSound snare wires too). I work with all of the percussion brands.

D'Addario strings are average, I could take them or leave them. A nice tone for the first month or so. I'm a DR guy when it comes to guitar. I do think that Evans and Pro Mark are a cut above the rest though! Never tried PureSounds.

I just ordered 3 dozens on guitarcenter.com because they were on sale for $9 each dozen.
Never tried them, but hope they do a good job! :)

Back