Remembering Darrell Abbot (Dimebag)

I worked with a producer who was fortunate to work with Pantera before they broke up. He told us these stories about how they had this electric shaver and they would try to take off parts of each other's beards and how Dime's was so untouchable. So after punching in guitar tracks this one night, Dime started to doze off in the control room. He grabbed the thing and took off this huge chunk and immediately Dime woke up. He wasn't furious or anything. He just sat there, looked down, and said "You got me."

So now he has a bag of Dimebag's chin hair, somewhere in his house.

It wasn't just dimebag who died either, 4 people were shot dead by this madman before he was shot dead himself by a copper. What a pointless waste of life :'( (not the guy who did it the other 3 people and dime i mean)

The responding officer was awarded Law Enforcement Officer of the Year based on this incident. Just FYI.

I know it's an old cliché but i think in this case it summarises the point quite well. I just hate so much how a gun can turn a bad mood into a mass murder :( If it wasn't for this guys mum buying him a gun for kicking drugs (yeah great idea mum!) Then he'd still be sulking in his room because pantera had split up (yes that is the reason why he'd murdered dime, pathetic, eh?) and dimebag darrell would still be with us. The world would just me a much better place if these "people" if you can call them that would just shoot themselves BEFORE they went and shot everyone else they could find.

Actually, the guy was a paranoid schizophrenic who was NOT on medication. I think I read part of it was because he believed Dimebag had stolen some of his lyrics(?). It really shows how lame it is that there's no system to monitor severely mentally ill people--he should've been tested periodically to see if he was taking medication, and if he wasn't he should've been admitted to an inpatient program until stable.

I'm not saying the choice wasn't his, but it's too bad there wasn't an intervention, or a seeming interest in this dude's life on anyone's part (I believe he was former military). Maybe Dime would still be rocking and this guy would've had a chance at a normal life. It just sucks all around.

Actually, the guy was a paranoid schizophrenic who was NOT on medication. I think I read part of it was because he believed Dimebag had stolen some of his lyrics(?). It really shows how lame it is that there's no system to monitor severely mentally ill people--he should've been tested periodically to see if he was taking medication, and if he wasn't he should've been admitted to an inpatient program until stable.

I'm not saying the choice wasn't his, but it's too bad there wasn't an intervention, or a seeming interest in this dude's life on anyone's part (I believe he was former military). Maybe Dime would still be rocking and this guy would've had a chance at a normal life. It just sucks all around.

Yeah i think it said that too. But the point is his mum DID buy him a gun so obviously that shows how much of a crap mother she must have been. It's quite interesting you should say this because a baby has just died in this country the uk and everyone is blaming social services which i do think they should have acted better but this kids mum and her boyfriend tortured and murdered their own baby, and it's the director of social services, a woman who went into her job to try and save people who gets all of the public rage directed at her, there have been death threats to kill her own 2 year old daughter. So all i am saying is that these services probably do need to be sorted but there is still this little thing called "personal responsibility" that everyone seems to have forgotten about these days where everything seems to be spoon-fed into their brains.

I'm liking the avatar btw ;)

and it's the director of social services, a woman who went into her job to try and save people who gets all of the public rage directed at her, there have been death threats to kill her own 2 year old daughter. So all i am saying is that these services probably do need to be sorted but there is still this little thing called "personal responsibility" that everyone seems to have forgotten about these days where everything seems to be spoon-fed into their brains.

I'm liking the avatar btw ;)

Yeah, that is ridiculous. Come on, what does her 2-year-old daughter have to with it? The people making those threats are every bit as bad as the murderers. And in the end it's the person's responsibility to reach out for help.

On a lighter note, thanks for the avatar comment. I've been an actual Chuck fan since junior high in the Walker days.Some years ago I was getting familiar with Adobe Illustrator (I'm a graphic designer) and I manually traced a photo of Chuck (with the newer versions you can just do AutoTrace, but this is way cooler). I think it turned out totally awesome (looks like a Grand Theft Auto drawing), so it was an obvious choice for an avatar.

Back