Roland vs Yamaha

MisterZero

Hey, I have an old Roland TD-6 and am looking to buy something new. One question, I am leaning toward Yamaha and have noticed their much cheaper. OK, that wasn't a question...but this is: Are Rolands worth the extra bucks? Any of you play both and have a reason why Roland commands such a premium?

I bought all my gear used and didn't notice a price difference.

In my experience, the Rolands were superior to the Yamahas.

The module operation was easier, the sounds were better and the customer support was good.

It's very subjective! Yamaha and Roland both make amazing e-kits. I've tried a range from both and settled on Yamaha with the silicone heads. In my view they feel better and sound better. I also think you get more bang for your buck with Yamaha. The KP65 kick pad isn't great for double pedals mind.

I put together a review of the Yamaha DTX750K here: http://youtu.be/FHCcL99wtQk
The DTX700 module is very easy to use.

Andy

I have been using Rolands for years now, live and otherwise. Much better sounds and playablity.

They are both great; let's not get into a huge debate about this; you should try them both and decide.

But, the more you pay the better the experience. That is the point.

Davo

Thanks for your input, guys. I think I'll have to test drive some more Yamahas. I love Rolands, just wanted input from someone with more experience on both. Off to guitar center I go.....

Back